Software Development Engineer II, Amazon SageMaker ML Frameworks, AWS AmazonAI Machine Learning Platform
Seattle, Washington, USA
Interested in Machine Learning, and empowering the world to do more and better machine Learning? Amazon SageMaker, Amazon Web Service's (AWS) Machine Learning platform team is building customer-facing services to catalyze data scientists and software engineers in their machine learning endeavors. This product is a blend of HTTP API's, low and high-level SDK's, and an AWS Console UI.
The ML Frameworks builds bridges from the languages and frameworks that data scientists work with SageMaker, with the goal of providing a world class user experience to make machine learning easy, stronger, and universal. This includes a suite of open source projects that make it easier to use SageMaker from popular ML Frameworks. Below are the GitHub projects we have (and more to come!):
And this also includes building the ecosystem through integrations with a list of popular open source projects like Airflow and Kubeflow.
A successful candidate will bring a passion for machine learning, ability to define visionary, ground breaking products, desire to build open-source community and have an industry wide impact, and ability to work within a fast moving environment in a large company to rapidly deliver products that have a broad business impact.
You will own the innovation in the space of ML Platforms, building compelling functionality for the Amazon SageMaker Service. As a senior engineer, you will be a tech lead responsible for leading a team to design, implement, test, document, and support cross-cutting services to help customers do machine learning at scale. You'll assist in gathering and analyzing business and functional requirements, and translate requirements into technical specifications for robust, scalable, supportable solutions that work well within the overall system architecture. You will serve as a key technical resource in the full development cycle, from conception to delivery and maintenance. You will produce comprehensive, usable software documentation; recommend changes in development, maintenance and system standards, and hire/mentor junior development engineers.
We're moving fast, and this is a great team to come to to have a huge impact on AWS and the world's customers we serve!
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
· Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
· Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Python, Java, C++, C#, Perl
Preferred Qualifications· Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
· Deep hands-on technical expertise in: large scale systems engineering; building and operating complex distributed systems
· Experience with Machine Learning, data mining, and/or statistical analysis tools such as R and MATLAB is a plus
· Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering
· Deep learning framework expertise such as TensorFlow, MXNet, PyTorch, Chainer
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Job tags: Airflow AWS Data Mining Deep Learning Distributed Systems Engineering Java Machine Learning Matlab ML MXNet Open Source Perl Python PyTorch R Spark TensorFlow