Staff Data Scientist, Central Strategy & Insights
San Francisco, United States
Airbnb is a global platform that connects travelers and hosts from over 100,000 cities. Our mission is to enable a world where anyone can belong anywhere. Using data to help ensure a world class experience for our users is critical to our mission.
While Airbnb has successfully embedded data & analytics throughout the business, there is also a need for a marketplace-wide analytics lens. In this role, you will partner with leaders of Airbnb’s “Homes” business to generate insights, evaluate opportunities, and identify drivers of growth, all with the purpose of directly impacting overall company strategy. This role will require substantial experience in analytics, as well as project and stakeholder management, as the scope of projects you will lead will cross multiple business segments.
If you are passionate about leveraging data to drive business decisions, we want to hear from you!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Proactively identifying and sizing business opportunities and growth drivers
- Defining and validating novel metrics to evaluate business performance
- Performing Homes-wide deep dives on strategic topics like retention, supply quality, macroeconomic impact, and the aggregate impact of our own experiments
- Generating analyses that involve resource decisions or other tradeoffs between business sub-teams
- Working with our M&A team to evaluate opportunities
- Aligning organizational processes for business analytics across data teams
- 6+ years industry experience and a Master's degree in a quantitative field; PhD a plus
- 3+ years of experience in a role requiring extensive project management, with proven ability to succeed in both collaborative and independent work environments
- The ability to work and influence cross-functionally is a must. You are very proactive, great at communicating with different audiences and can bring different stakeholders on board
- A “business owner” mindset, with a keen interest in strategy and operations
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Fluency in the core toolkit of Data Science:
- R/Python; SQL/Hive
- Manipulating large-scale data sets
- Descriptive and predictive modeling
- Implementing visualizations, dashboards, and reports
- $2,000 yearly employee travel coupon
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life & disability coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
Candidate Privacy Notice
If you are a California resident, learn about what personal information we collect about you and how we use it here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status