Senior Applied Scientist, Amazon Advertising
Seattle, Washington, USA
Amazon.comFree shipping on millions of items. Get the best of Shopping and Entertainment with Prime. Enjoy low prices and great deals on the largest selection of everyday essentials and other products, including fashion, home, beauty, electronics, Alexa...
Amazon Advertising is one of Amazon's fastest growing and most profitable businesses, responsible for defining and delivering a collection of advertising products that drive discovery and sales. Our products and solutions are strategically important to enable our Retail and Marketplace businesses to drive long-term growth. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks and break fresh ground in product and technical innovations every day!
The Campaign & Creative Services (CCS) team spans all advertising products and programs, with a remit to ensure customer trust in advertising. Among other things, we're innovating and developing AI generated solutions to building effective and compelling advertising, as well as building ML solutions across many disciplines that help us scale our self-service ad business across the globe by ensuring we identify ads that might break our policies or not be relevant to customers, and prevent them from displaying. We also build solutions to understand the composition of ad creatives that drive performance, and value for customers helping to make ads more effective for all. We have full stack development of core systems, as well as direct customer facing product solutions that affect all Amazon customers.
As a Senior Applied Scientist on this team, you will:
- Technical Machine Learning leader driving a brand new, secret, project that has very high visibility and impact!
- Build ML models to address content intelligence problems.
- Build advanced algorithms to generate AI powered multi-modal content.
- These models will rely on a variety of visual, textual and multi-modal features requiring expertise in these domains.
- These models need to scale to multiple languages and countries. You will collaborate with engineers and other scientists to build, train and deploy these models.
- Propose hypotheses, validate these offline and run A/B tests to validate them online.
- As part of these activities, you will develop production level code that enables high-quality content generation and ranking.
- Use your expertise to generate different aspects of creatives for advertisements including image-based content creation, script generation and content summarization, realistic text-to-speech/voice-over generation, AI-powered music generation and video synthesis
- Work closely with software engineers on detailed requirements to productionize the ML models you build.
- Run A/B experiments that affect hundreds of millions of customers, evaluate the impact of your optimizations and communicate your results to various business stakeholders.
- Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large-scale data analysis, machine-learning model development, model validation and serving.
- Research new innovate machine learning approaches.
Why you will love this opportunity: Amazon is investing heavily in building a world-class advertising business. This team defines and delivers a collection of advertising products that drive discovery and sales. Our solutions generate billions in revenue and drive long-term growth for Amazon’s Retail and Marketplace businesses. We deliver billions of ad impressions, millions of clicks daily, and break fresh ground to create world-class products. We are a highly motivated, collaborative, and fun-loving team with an entrepreneurial spirit - with a broad mandate to experiment and innovate.
Impact and Career Growth: You will invent new experiences and influence customer-facing shopping experiences to help suppliers grow their retail business and the auction dynamics that leverage native advertising; this is your opportunity to work within the fastest-growing businesses across all of Amazon! Define a long-term science vision for our advertising business, driven from our customers' needs, translating that direction into specific plans for research and applied scientists, as well as engineering and product teams. This role combines science leadership, organizational ability, technical strength, product focus, and business understanding.
Team video https://youtu.be/zD_6Lzw8raE
- PhD or equivalent Master's Degree plus at least 6 years of building machine solutions to solve real-world problems.
- Experience programming in Python, Java, or C++ (or related) programming language
- Recognized expert in Deep Learning (DL) and Generative Adversarial Network (GAN) machine learning methodologies.
- Experience in computational advertising and/or using ML for content generation.
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, or related quantitative field.
- Published research work in academic conferences or industry circles.
- Experience in building large-scale machine-learning models and infra for online recommendation, ads ranking, personalization, or search, etc.
- Technical leadership in machine learning.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with non-technical and technical audiences.
- Experience working with real-world data sets and building scalable models from big data.
- Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution.
- Exhibits excellent business judgment; balances business, product, and technology very well.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Other jobs like this
Senior Data Scientist, Machine Learning - Search & RecommendationA/B testing Deep Learning Economics Engineering Excel Machine Learning ML PhD Python Research +2
Career development Parental leave Startup environment Wellness
Data Scientist, Safe HavenBigQuery Consulting Data visualization Economics Engineering GCP Looker PySpark Python R +6
401(k) matching Equity Fitness / gym Flex hours Flex vacation +7
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Senior Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Senior Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Machine Learning/Deep Learning jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open KPIs-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs