VP of Data Analytics
VP of Data Analytics | Acorns
At Acorns, we're building a different kind of investing experience - one that looks after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming. The Acorns team is passionate about pursuing our mission and living our values. It all begins with Heart. Our Heart leads us in everything we do. It allows us to make bold decisions, build trust, grow and find a way. Come find your place at Acorns and join us in the revolution.
Acorns is seeking a VP of Data Analytics reporting directly into the CFO to lead the Data Analytics team in delivering high-value strategic and analytical projects across all business units.
- Be the thought leader for analytics and partner with senior level executives, using excellent communication and strong presentation skills to make clear recommendations
- Lead the development and scope of analytic strategy and cross-functional projects and initiatives primarily focused on Growth & Marketing, Product, and Operations.
- Collaborate extensively with Data Science, Product Management, Finance, Engineering, and Executives.
- Build a team of highly talented and inquisitive data analysts helping them to create actionable insights and business intelligence
- Growth - Provide a deep understanding and analysis of CAC, experimentation on ad platforms, budget optimization by channel, incrementality and halo.
- Product - Lead customer lifecycle analytics, funnel analysis, sensitivity and cohort sizing analysis, attrition & retention drivers, product interactions, and customer segmentation
- Operations - Aid the finance and business operations teams in financial forecasting, LTV analysis, and board & investor related initiatives
- Partner across the organization to understand analytical needs and develop reports/dashboards to meet those needs
- Create and monitor Acorns’ relevant KPIs, competitive strategies, and support ongoing intelligence gathering
- Implement, manage, and maintain data governance principles and standards
- Develop strategic perspectives on new market opportunities and assessing the risks/benefits
- Own the analysis of the rapidly evolving competitive landscape
- Recognize process inefficiencies and improvement opportunities
- Conduct hands on advanced analytics retrieving, compiling, and analyzing large volumes of data from disparate databases into distilled, actionable information needed by senior leadership to answer critical questions
- Monitor, assess, and pull insights insights from complex data sets that enable Acorns to drive value and business decisions
- Perform rigorous analyses, sensitivity analyses, scenario models and translate analysis into business recommendations
- BA/BS in a technical field such as Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics; MS/MBA/PhD a plus
- 15+ years relevant experience building strong Analytics teams
- Previous experience with a high growth technology startup, consumer finance, and mobile app
- Expert knowledge of complex analytical techniques including optimization techniques, statistical significance testing, etc.
- Expert knowledge of A/B test design and measurement
- Expert knowledge of data visualization tools such as Tableau
- Extensive knowledge of SQL, Python, Spark, or Microsoft Excel for conducting exploratory and explanatory analytical projects and for building predictive models
- Expert knowledge of data warehousing and data governance
- Demonstrated track record managing large and complex consulting projects
- Creative thinking and solutions to complex technical/business issues
- Ability to work effectively on multiple projects with demanding deadlines in a team environment
- High interpersonal ability and influence skills to lead projects working with senior management
- Resourceful and committed to excellence
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- A comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of you and your family
- Flexible paid time off
- Corporate gym access
- Daily breakfast, weekly team lunches, and an endless supply of snacks
- Numerous career possibilities that allow you to grow with Acorns
- Talented and motivated team members who care deeply about one another, our mission and our customers.
- The rare opportunity to create a new world. We inspire one another every day to do meaningful work that solves big societal challenges.
Acorns is the leading micro-investing app in the U.S. It allows users to round up their daily purchases and automatically Invest the Change® into a low-cost, diversified portfolio of exchange-traded funds offered by some of the world's top asset managers (including Vanguard and BlackRock). Founded in Newport Beach, Calif., by father and son team Walter and Jeff Cruttenden, Acorns provides a simple entry-point using the Acorns app on iPhone or Android. Customers accumulate fractional shares in one of five portfolios constructed by world-renowned Nobel Laureate economist Dr. Harry Markowitz. Acorns' smart portfolio algorithms automatically work in the background of life, helping users build wealth naturally, pennies at a time. From Acorns mighty oaks do grow.
With benevolence and courage, we look after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming; beginning with the empowering step of micro-investing.
- Lead with heart
- Make bold decisions
- Always build trust
- Never stop growing
- Find a way