Machine Learning Engineer
Capital Federal, Capital Federal, AR
IBM Research is the innovation engine of IBM. Nearly every game-changing breakthrough in the information technology industry has its roots in an IBM Research lab. It has been a home for creative scientific minds since 1945, when Thomas J. Watson Sr. established the first corporate pure science research lab in the U.S. We are primed to define the future of technology for many years to come specifically around the world of Artificial Intelligence.We believe AI will transform the world in dramatic ways in the coming years – and the Research AI group is advancing the field through our portfolio of research and through collaboration with like-minded institutions including MIT (MIT-IBM Watson Lab) to push the boundaries of AI faster – for the benefit of industry and society.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We're looking for a Machine Learning Engineer!If you are someone proactive, self-taught and with passion for technology, even having practice on new ones this may be your opportunity! Your responsibilities include:
- Use a variety of formal and informal requirement/design artifacts to implement deep learning models, and make necessary tweaks.
- Flexibly adapt to rapidly customer and/or project requirements changes, inherent to research projects, and are also able to integrate as necessary into formal products and services.
- Ensure that the software you develop is tested and ready to be integrated into systems and proofs of concept.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 2 years of experience coding and debugging in Python
- Experience with implementation of deep learning models
- Experience in robust software components and architectures
- Good understanding of Software engineering methodologies
- Fluent English communication skills
- Flexibility to travel abroad 2 weeks per year are key as part of a worldwide distributed team and 3 times a year ( 3 days each) within Argentina.
- Availabilty to work full-time Home-Office
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience in full-stack development
About Business Unit
IBM Research Scientists are charting the future of Artificial Intelligence, creating breakthroughs in quantum computing, discovering how blockchain will reshape the enterprise, and much more. Join a team that is dedicated to applying science to some of today's most complex challenges, whether it’s discovering a new way for doctors to help patients, teaming with environmentalists to clean up our waterways or enabling retailers to personalize customer service.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.