Washington, District Of Columbia, US
As a Data Scientist at IBM, you will help transform our clients’ data into tangible business value by analyzing information, communicating outcomes and collaborating on product development. Work with Best in Class open source and visual tools, along with the most flexible and scalable deployment options. Whether it’s investigating patient trends or weather patterns, you will work to solve real world problems for the industries transforming how we live.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Expertise in working with advanced analytics and data sciences
- Leverage statistical, econometric, stochastic, operations research, predictive modeling, simulation, optimization (linear, mixed integer, constraint programming), and/or machine learning analytics techniques
- Utilize tools/programming languages including ILOG CPLEX, SPSS, SAS, R, Python, and Spark
- Define key business problems to be solved
- Formulate mathematical approaches and gather data to solve those problems, develop, analyze/draw conclusions, test solutions and present to the client
- Enhance performance by applying advanced mathematical modeling, data analytics, optimization, and machine learning techniques
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Big Data
- Predictive Modeling
- Machine Learning
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Included but is not limited to design, creation, population, and maintenance of geo-coding, geo-mapping, and entity-relation ontologies.
- Work modularly to maximize ability to address new visualization needs as data, threats, and relationships change
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Big Data Consulting Data Analytics Machine Learning Open Source Python R Research Spark