Market Intel, Data Engineer , WFS-MI
US, TX, Virtual Location - Texas
Amazon.comFree shipping on millions of items. Get the best of Shopping and Entertainment with Prime. Enjoy low prices and great deals on the largest selection of everyday essentials and other products, including fashion, home, beauty, electronics, Alexa...
The Market team for Workforce Staffing applies science, and insights to optimize hiring for Amazon’s largest candidate population – Tier 1 Associates. Amazon's hourly workforce brings the magic of Amazon’s industry-leading customer fulfillment to life. The pace at which job creation, hiring, and growth happen to support the scale and complexity of Amazon es is a problem Amazon is uniquely qualified to solve and innovate on. Workforce Staffing literally hires by the hundreds of thousands across multiple lines, job types, and shift configurations. The Market team in particular focuses on applying labor market, competitor, and candidate preference to enhance job offerings, mitigate operational risk, and sustain Amazon position in the market. Come join a team that is continually shaping and writing the future of the hourly worker landscape.
As a Data Engineer for the Market Intel team , you will excel in the design, creation, management, and use of large volumes of data that will become the core set for research and insights. You will be responsible for designing and implementing scalable ETL processes in the warehouse platform to support the rapidly growing and dynamic demand for across various sources, and use it to deliver the as service which will have an immediate influence on day-to-day decision making. You should have the ability to develop and tune to provide optimized solutions to the . You will work cross-functioning with analysts, scientists, and other data engineers to determine the best design for scale and maintenance.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Building and migrating the complex ETL pipelines into cluster
- Optimizing the performance of -critical queries and dealing with ETL job-related issues
- Gather and understand requirements, work in the team to achieve high quality ingestion and build systems that can process the , transform the
- Designing, implementing and supporting a data platform that can support business needs
- Earn the trust of your customers by continuing to constantly obsess over their needs and helping them solve their problems by leveraging technology
- Manage critical initiatives to enforce standard work and reduce waste
· Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related field or 2+ years industry experience
· Coding proficiency in at least one modern programming language (Python, Java, etc.)
· Demonstrated strength in modern , ETL development, lake design and implementation, and warehousing.
· Warehousing Experience with Redshift
· Query performance tuning skills
- Industry experience as a Data Engineer or related specialty (e.g., Software Development Engineer , Data Scientist) with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting data from large data sets.
- Experience with AWS technologies
- Experience leading large-scale warehousing and projects, including using AWS technologies – S3, EC2, etc.
- Experience building/operating highly available, distributed systems of extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets
- Experience building products incrementally and integrating and managing sets from multiple sources
- Experience in providing technical leadership and mentoring
- A desire to work in a collaborative.
- Ability to work on a diverse team or with a diverse range of coworkers.
The base pay range for this position in Colorado is $ 154,600 - $209,100 a year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Other jobs like this
Data EngineerAgile AWS Azure Big Data Consulting Data Analytics Databricks Data pipelines Data visualization Engineering +22
Career development Competitive pay Flex vacation Health care Insurance
Data Engineer -StreamingApache Flink AWS Azure Consulting Data Analytics Data Warehousing Distributed Systems Engineering ETL Kafka +3
Career development Conferences Salary bonus Signing bonus Startup environment
Senior Data Engineer, Life SciencesAWS Data pipelines Distributed Systems Git Hadoop Kafka NoSQL Python Scala Security +2
Career development Competitive pay Flex hours Flex vacation Health care
Data EngineerAgile Airflow AWS Business Intelligence Data analysis Data pipelines Data Warehousing Engineering FiveTran KPIs +10
401(k) matching Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Insurance
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Senior Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Machine Learning/Deep Learning jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs