Data Science Manager, Marketing
New York, New York
About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits and vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers' doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. We’re on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.
Our team is collaborative, driven, and future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, and iterating, and celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, and we get things done. We love adaptogens and cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
Daily Harvest is looking for a Data Science Manager, Marketing to join our Data team. The Data team uses data to create better customer experiences, smarter business decisions, and efficiencies company-wide. We do this by providing accurate, actionable analysis, building sophisticated data science products, and by maintaining a reliable data infrastructure.
Daily Harvest is seeking a teammate with a razor-sharp analytical mind who can blend our data into insights that will enable us to deliver healthy and convenient frozen foods to more and more subscribers every day. You are a data leader with technical and business experience who will take advantage of our rich data to translate business problems into data science products that empower critical decision making across the organization with a focus on our marketing teams. You will be a thoughtful business partner, helping stakeholders define the best metrics by which to measure success and to devise and evaluate experiments that will meaningfully drive growth as we create a new category and the next great consumer brand in food.
What you'll do:
- Refine, evolve, and own advanced data products, including multi-touch attribution, marketing mix modeling, forecasting, and customer segmentation to optimize our marketing portfolio
- Partner with marketing to design and measure marketing experiments, scale and optimize acquisition channels, and understand our customer personas to increase engagement
- Develops and/or uses algorithms and statistical predictive models, including advanced models.
- Performs analyses of structured and unstructured data to solve multiple and complex business problems. Utilizing advanced statistical techniques and mathematical analyses and specialized expertise in multi channel marketing strategies
- Applies analytical rigor and statistical methods to analyze large amounts of data, using advanced statistical techniques.
- Manages large and complex analytical projects from data exploration, model building, performance evaluation and testing
- Work cross-functionally with data, marketing, product, and engineering to identify opportunities toward business objectives
- Build and mentor a team of marketing data scientists with your technical capabilities
Who you are:
- Deep analytical understanding of numbers and business sense developed in 5+ years
experience in high-growth e-commerce, marketing, consulting, or related business.
- Extremely comfortable processing and exploring data using SQL, Excel, and scripting languages such as R or Python.
- Experience with reporting and visualization using BI tools (e.g. Looker or Tableau)
- Strong presentation skills and ability to effectively communicate complicated analyses to
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize with a proven ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to thrive in an unstructured, fast-moving and constantly evolving hyper-growth environment
- Unlimited Daily Harvest to keep you hustling, not hangry + cold brew (...always stocked)
- Flexible time-off policy + flexible working hours (Unlimited PTO Plan)
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits, 401K + equity participation
- Ancillary benefits: Commuter, Gym membership + Citi Bike discounts
- Access to everything we make (including recipes in development)
- Annual company retreat
- Quarterly team outings, weekly onsite happy hours, + regular DH team gatherings to celebrate our co-workers
- Book club + running club
- Showers for post-morning or mid-workday workouts
- A dynamic, ambitious, and fun work environment + dog friendly!!
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding principles and apply across all aspects of employment.