Machine Learning Science Manager, Multimodal Video Understanding, Prime Video
Seattle, Washington, USA
Amazon.comFree shipping on millions of items. Get the best of Shopping and Entertainment with Prime. Enjoy low prices and great deals on the largest selection of everyday essentials and other products, including fashion, home, beauty, electronics, Alexa...
How often have you had an opportunity to be a founding manager of a team solving significant customer problems through innovative AI technology at Amazon scale? We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented managers to join our fast paced, start-up environment to help invent the future and define the next generation of how customers watch videos. We are disrupting a 100-years old industry through cloud services (AWS), 2D/3D computer vision, NLP, audio and speech processing and ASR, scalable visual effects (VFX), and multimodal search and classification.
Prime Video is disrupting traditional media with an ever-increasing selection of movies, TV shows, Emmy Award-winning original content, add-on subscriptions including HBO and Showtime, and live events like Thursday Night Football and Major League Baseball. We are a premier provider of digital entertainment worldwide and we continue to grow very quickly! We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help continue to deliver on our ambitious goals.
We are building a new team to automatically "understand not just tag" the video content on a scene and a frame level by understanding the setting, objects, actions, and themes depicted in a scene. We are driving visual effects automation and exceptional customer experience using machine learning, 2D/3D computer vision, audio and speech processing, and natural language understanding. Automation of video understanding at scale is our mission and passion. We need to solve problems across many cultures and languages. We have a huge amount of human-labelled data, and operation team to generate labels across many languages. Our team innovates, with many novel patents, inventions, and internal/external papers in the motion picture and television industry. We are highly motivated to extend the state of the art.
What you will do here
As an Applied Science manager, you will play a pivotal role in building the technology enabling these innovations. You will be responsible for hiring and managing a team that builds models, prototypes, simulations, and state-of-the-art optimization algorithms that can scale across several product lines.
This is a greenfield with no "off-the-shelf algorithms" that can perform the job. We experiment a lot and it is a must to learn and be curios. We embrace the challenges of a fast paced market and evolving technologies, paving the way to universal availability of content. You will be encouraged to see the big picture, be innovative, and positively impact millions of customers. This is a young and evolving business where creativity and drive will have a lasting impact on the way video is enjoyed worldwide.
You will advise and closely collaborate with product and engineering teams to develop innovative products that disrupt established industries. In this role, you will also work closely with the renowned machine learning and optimization community at Amazon.
We are looking for a proven ability to execute both strategically and tactically, and someone who is excited to take on new, ambiguous projects that will be industry defining. As an Applied Science Manager, your specific responsibilities will include:
· Apply business judgement to identify and prioritize opportunities and develop science strategies
· Advise and collaborate with product and engineering teams to design and implement software solutions for machine learning and optimization problems
· Lead a team of talented individuals (PhD or MS in Statistics or Machine Learning or related)
· Influence, collaborate, and communicate effectively with other engineering, science, and business leaders
· Communicate scientific solution and insights effectively to a non-scientific audience
· Help hire, build, and mentor a growing science community in the video understanding space
Inclusive Team Culture
We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
- PhD in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics or a related quantitative field.
- Proven track record of successfully applying ML-based and optimization solutions to complex problems in business, science, or engineering.
- 4+ years of practical experience applying machine learning to solve complex problems in an applied environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with teams, technical teams, and leadership
- Proven track record in technically leading and mentoring scientists
- Ability to clearly communicate high level strategy and technical details effectively across disciplines, locations, and organizations, including to senior leadership
- Depth and breadth in state-of-the-art machine learning technologies
- 3+ industry experience in Deep learning in computer vision, speech processing/synthesis, or natural language processing\understanding
- 10+ years of relevant experience in industry and/or academia.
- Publications at top-tier peer-reviewed conferences or journals in one of those areas ( computer vision, image processing, or natural language processing\understanding, deep learning)
- Proven track record of innovation in creating novel algorithms and advancing the state of the art
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Other jobs like this
Charles River Analytics Inc.
Software Engineer – Computer Vision and Deep Learning (Mid-Senior)Caffe Computer Vision CUDA Deep Learning Engineering GPU OpenCV Python PyTorch Research +4
Career development Competitive pay Health care Insurance Medical leave +2
Sr. Technical Product Manager - AI/ML, Machine Learning Solutions LabAgile AWS Deep Learning Machine Learning ML MXNet PhD PyTorch SageMaker Statistical modeling +3
Career development Conferences Startup environment
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Senior Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Machine Learning/Deep Learning jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs