Data Scientist II Prime Video , Content Analytics, Prime Video
Mumbai, Maharashtra, IND
Amazon.comFree shipping on millions of items. Get the best of Shopping and Entertainment with Prime. Enjoy low prices and great deals on the largest selection of everyday essentials and other products, including fashion, home, beauty, electronics, Alexa...
Amazon Science gives you insight into the company’s approach to customer-obsessed scientific innovation. Amazon fundamentally believes that scientific innovation is essential to being the most customer-centric company in the world. It’s the company’s ability to have an impact at scale that allows us to attract some of the brightest minds in artificial intelligence and related fields. Our scientists continue to publish, teach, and engage with the academic community, in addition to utilizing our working backwards method to enrich the way we live and work.
Please visit https://www.amazon.science for more information.
About Amazon Prime Video
“Many of the problems we face have no textbook solution, and so we-happily-invent new ones.” – Jeff Bezos
The Amazon Prime Video team is shaping the future of digital video entertainment. We are seeking an outstanding Data Scientist to uncover key insights on how consumers watch videos on Amazon. The ideal candidate will be an expert in the areas of data science, machine learning and statistics, having hands-on experience with multiple improvement initiatives as well as balancing technical and business judgment to make the right decisions about technology, models and methodologies.
As consumers increasingly consume digital video, we need to make agile decisions based on what content appeals to our customers. As a Data Scientist at Amazon Prime Video, you will have the opportunity to work on one of the world's largest consumer data sets, influence the long term evolution of our analytics capability and support the expansion of Amazon's digital video business. The Data Scientist will work closely with other research scientists, machine-learning experts, and economists to design and run experiments, research new algorithms, and find new ways to improve optimization across all our associate facing tools.
A successful candidate will be able to understand and manage key operational and technical concepts. They will have excellent project and communication skills, and motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment. Candidates should demonstrate a passion for working on behalf of customers, have a record of accomplishment of timely delivery of large-scale projects, and have the ability to influence multiple global teams. Autonomy, judgment, influence, and leadership skills are essential. This person will be responsible for ensuring we meet our key deliverables, on time with high quality, and communicating status to internal and external stakeholders.
- Support the Content team on business reporting, ad hoc analysis, statistical inference and predictive modelling for all Prime Video India.
- Mine and analyze data pertaining to customers viewing experiences to identify critical business insight and make recommendations to optimize content selection.
- Proactively develop new ML models using streaming, video, audio and textual data to understand and predict customer streaming behaviour
- Translate analytic insights into concrete, actionable recommendations for business or product improvement. Develop and present these as papers to senior stakeholders.
- Liaise with your peers in other prime video territories to develop solutions that greatly benefit our global customers
- This role will be based in Mumbai, India
- Masters in quantitative field (Computer Science, Mathematics, Machine Learning, AI, Statistics, or equivalent)
- 5+ years of experience working in data science
- Extensive knowledge and practical experience in several of the following areas: machine learning, statistics, NLP, deep learning, recommendation systems, dialogue systems, information retrieval.
- Functional knowledge of AWS platforms such as S3, Glue, Athena, Sagemaker.
- Advanced SQL with Oracle, MySQL, and Columnar Databases
- Advanced Python or R skills
- Advanced knowledge and expertise with Data modelling skills
- Ability to distill informal customer requirements into problem definitions, dealing with ambiguity and competing objectives
- Ability to manage and quantify improvement in customer experience or value for the business resulting from research outcomes
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, ability to convey rigorous mathematical concepts and considerations to non-experts.
Preferred QualificationsPreferred Qualifications
- A PhD in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Mathematics, Machine Learning, AI, Statistics, or equivalent)
- Experience in hiring and developing junior members to a successful career track
Other jobs like this
Lead Data Analyst - ExperimentationBigQuery Causal inference Data strategy PhD Python R Redshift Research Snowflake SQL +1
Career development Competitive pay Equity Fitness / gym Flex hours +5
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Senior Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Machine Learning/Deep Learning jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs