Applied Scientist II
Toronto, Ontario, CAN
Amazon.comFree shipping on millions of items. Get the best of Shopping and Entertainment with Prime. Enjoy low prices and great deals on the largest selection of everyday essentials and other products, including fashion, home, beauty, electronics, Alexa...
Terms of employment: Full time, permanent
Job location: 40 King Street West 47th Floor Toronto, ON, M5H 3Y2; Amazon Development Centre Canada, ULC Amazon Development Centre Canada, ULC.
Salary range: $149,300 - $249,300 commensurable with experience.
Language requirement: English
As an Applied Scientist, you will innovate and be responsible for working across backend, client, business development, and data engineering teams to coordinate deep-dives, inform roadmaps, visualize metrics, and create predictive models to determine how we can best serve our customers.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Drive end-to-end Machine Learning projects that have a high degree of ambiguity, scale, complexity.
• Perform hands-on analysis and modeling of enormous data sets to develop insights that increase traffic monetization and merchandise sales, without compromising the shopper experience.
• Build machine learning models, perform proof-of-concept, experiment, optimize, and deploy your models into production; work closely with software engineers to assist in productionizing your ML models.
• Run A/B experiments, gather data, and perform statistical analysis
• Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large-scale data analysis, machine-learning model development, model validation and serving.
• Research new and innovative machine learning approaches.
• Recruit Applied Scientists to the team and provide mentorship.
• PhD in Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics or related technical field plus 2 years of work experience in the job offered or related occupation, or equivalent graduate level research experience.
• Will accept Master's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, or related technical field plus 4 years of work experience in the job offered or related occupation, or equivalent graduate level research experience.
• 4 years (or 2 years if PhD) experience with machine learning technologies and rules-
• 2 years of experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language.
• 2 years of experience with the entire life-cycle (requirements definition through
specification, design, coding, quality assurance, implementation, integration, launch and production support) of a shipped product or online service.
• 2 years of experience producing peer reviewed research reports or publications in the field of machine learning, statistics, or data mining.
Preferred QualificationsAll applicants must meet all qualifications listed above.
Benefits: Amazon provides a full range of benefits for our global employees and their eligible family members. This position is eligible for further pay increases and bonuses at the company's discretion. Eligible employees may also receive signing bonuses and Amazon Restricted Stock Units.
While they might vary from location to location, Amazon benefits for Canada may include: • Health Care • Savings Plans • Income Protection • Paid Time Off • Signing Bonuses • Employee Stock Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Amazon is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require accommodations, please notify us when/if you are selected for an interview.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Other jobs like this
Senior Data ScientistAgile AWS Azure Big Data Consulting Data Analytics Databricks Deep Learning Engineering ETL +23
Career development Competitive pay Flex hours Flex vacation Health care +1
Senior Applied Scientist, Amazon Software Builder InsightsAWS Economics Engineering Hadoop Machine Learning Matlab PhD Python R Research +5
Career development Conferences Salary bonus Signing bonus
Coupa Software, Inc.
Data ScientistANN Big Data Business Analytics Classification Deep Learning Engineering Feature engineering Git Industrial Machine Learning +8
Career development Competitive pay Flex hours Flex vacation Health care
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Senior Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Machine Learning/Deep Learning jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs