Senior Data Engineer
Seattle, Washington, USA
Amazon.comFree shipping on millions of items. Get the best of Shopping and Entertainment with Prime. Enjoy low prices and great deals on the largest selection of everyday essentials and other products, including fashion, home, beauty, electronics, Alexa...
AWS is hiring for a Senior Data Engineer to play a key role in building their industry leading Data Engineering and Analytics Platform. Are you passionate about Big Data and highly scalable data platforms? Do you enjoy building end to end Analytics solutions to help drive business decisions? And if you have experience in building and maintaining highly scalable, highly available and fault tolerant data warehouses and data pipelines with huge transaction volumes then we need you!
The AWS Data Transfer Data Platform provides foundational and centralized data platform for AWS Finance (supporting AWS CloudFront, AWS Direct Connect, and AWS Elemental) to identify financial insights for better understanding of our customers and costs. Our teams take on some of the hardest scalability, performance, and distributed computing challenges the world. We process billions of line items and handle artifacts through the latest in database technologies. We process big data and provide tools for customers to interactively understand the copious amounts of data we store.
We are truly leading the way to disrupt the big data industry by implementing Distributed and Big Data technologies like Elastic Map Reduce (EMR) in addition to data warehouse technologies like Redshift and Athena to build a data platform capable of scaling with the ever-increasing volume of data produced by AWS services. You will have the ability to craft and build AWS Data Transfer’s Data Lake platform and supporting systems for years to come.
You should have deep expertise in the design, creation, management, and business use of large datasets, across a variety of data platforms. You should have excellent business and interpersonal skills to be able to work with business owners to understand data requirements, and to build ETL to ingest the data into the data lake. You should be an authority at crafting, implementing, and operating stable, scalable, low cost solutions to flow data from production systems into the data lake. Above all you should be passionate about working with huge data sets and someone who loves to bring datasets together to answer business questions and drive growth.
Key job responsibilities
- Design, implement and support an analytical data infrastructure providing ad-hoc access to large datasets and computing power.
- Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS big data technologies.
- Creation and support of real-time data pipelines built on AWS technologies including EMR, Glue, Kinesis, Redshift/Spectrum and Athena
- Continual research of the latest big data, elasticsearch and visualization technologies to provide new capabilities and increase efficiency
- Working closely with team members to drive real-time model implementations for monitoring and alerting of risk systems.
- Collaborate with other tech teams to implement advanced analytics algorithms that exploit our rich datasets for statistical analysis, prediction, clustering and machine learning
- Help continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for customers
- 5+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
- Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
- Experience in SQL
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, and 5+ years of relevant employment experience
- 5+ years of work experience with ETL, Data Modeling, and Data Architecture
- Expert-level skills in writing and optimizing SQL
- Experience with Big Data technologies such as Hadoop/Spark
- Proficiency in one of the scripting languages - Python, Ruby, or similar
- Experience operating very large data warehouses or data lakes
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Authoritative in ETL optimization, designing, coding, and tuning big data processes using Apache Spark or similar technologies
- Experience with building data pipelines and applications to stream and process datasets at low latencies
- Demonstrate efficiency in handling data - tracking data lineage, ensuring data quality, and improving discoverability of data
- Sound knowledge of distributed systems and data architecture (lambda) - design and implement batch and stream data processing pipelines, knows how to optimize the distribution, partitioning, and MPP of high-level data structures
- Knowledge of Engineering and Operational Excellence using standard methodologies
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Other jobs like this
Charles River Analytics Inc.
Software Engineer – Computer Vision and Deep Learning (Mid-Senior)Caffe Computer Vision CUDA Deep Learning Engineering GPU OpenCV Python PyTorch Research +4
Career development Competitive pay Health care Insurance Medical leave +2
Data EngineerAgile AWS Azure Big Data Consulting Data Analytics Databricks Data pipelines Data visualization Engineering +22
Career development Competitive pay Flex vacation Health care Insurance
Data Engineer -StreamingApache Flink AWS Azure Consulting Data Analytics Data Warehousing Distributed Systems Engineering ETL Kafka +3
Career development Conferences Salary bonus Signing bonus Startup environment
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Senior Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Machine Learning/Deep Learning jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs