Applied Scientist II, Retail Pricing Science and Research
Seattle, Washington, USA
Amazon.comFree shipping on millions of items. Get the best of Shopping and Entertainment with Prime. Enjoy low prices and great deals on the largest selection of everyday essentials and other products, including fashion, home, beauty, electronics, Alexa...
We are seeking experienced Applied Machine Learning Scientists to develop innovative pricing, promotions, and demand models that adapt to constantly shifting marketplace dynamics, continuing to produce optimal competitive prices for our customers, all while scaling to hundreds of millions of products globally.
Key job responsibilities
- You will develop ML models for various price optimization systems using deep learning, reinforcement learning, and optimization methods.
- You will partner with scientist, economists, engineers, and product leaders to break down complex pricing challenges, identify key requirements, innovate, design, & deploy appropriate scientific solutions, and successfully drive the creation of positive customer and business impact.
- You will summarize your research findings, and present via internal papers and science forms.
- You are adept at translating business objectives into specific quantitative approaches that can be solved with the vast amount of available Amazon data.
- You are passionate about the getting the science details right, while balancing the practical considerations of real world production models.
About the team
Retail Pricing Science and Research is a centralized machine learning team that develops models, solutions, and platforms that drive pricing for products sold by Amazon worldwide, with a dual focus on both competitiveness and long term financial optimality.
- PhD or equivalent Master's Degree plus 4+ years of experience in CS, CE, ML or related field
- Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
- Submitted Patents, and/or peer-reviewed scientific contributions in premier journals and conferences.
- Experience working with multiple data modalities, including Images, Text, and Structured datasets.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Statistics or a related quantitative field.
- Experience using Reinforcement Learning, Contextual Bandits, or Probabilistic Programming in real-world applications.
- Expertise in Deep Learning and statistics (particularly Bayesian inference and causal inference) for Time Series and NLP.
- Experience with industry-standard frameworks such as PyTorch and Pyro or equivalent frameworks.
- Previous experience in pricing systems.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Other jobs like this
Senior Data Scientist, Machine Learning - Search & RecommendationA/B testing Deep Learning Economics Engineering Excel Machine Learning ML PhD Python Research +2
Career development Parental leave Startup environment Wellness
Data Scientist, Safe HavenBigQuery Consulting Data visualization Economics Engineering GCP Looker PySpark Python R +6
401(k) matching Equity Fitness / gym Flex hours Flex vacation +7
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Senior Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Senior Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Machine Learning/Deep Learning jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open KPIs-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs