Senior Data Engineer
New York, NY
Come see what’s cookin’ at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient and exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world and we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services and we’re growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, and international, and our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
We are growing our Data Engineering team to take our data modeling and automation to the next level. The Data Engineering team is part of the broader Growth Organization (Data Science, Digital Product, Marketing) and works closely with Data Scientists to build and maintain best-in-class data products to improve HelloFresh’s user-experience and marketing effectiveness. The Data Engineering department is focused on designing scalable and automated data flows using a variety of big data tools and platforms (AWS Glue, Airflow, Spark, Databricks Cloud etc..)
We are hiring a Senior Data Engineer to lead HelloFresh’s Data Infrastructure & Automation workstreams as a key member of the Data Engineering team.
Our vision is to maintain a best-in-class automated data platform directing our marketing initiatives on delivering the right food box at the desired price point to the front door of all our customers. We are looking for someone who can head up our engineering key projects and mentor our more junior engineers.
You will ...
- Data modeling: design, extend and update the HelloFresh’s data model (create new schemas, fact tables, mat views, joins, etc.)
- Data cleaning/enrichment: keeping data clean and consistent with production systems (e.g. bug fixes, backfills …)
- Design and implement end-to-end data products and marketing automation flows: from data ingestions for data science modeling to creation of automated pipelines to external software (Salesforce, etc.)
- Data infrastructure: maintaining and deploying ETLs on Databricks cloud
- Design automated Monitoring of ETLs in production
- Data Transformations: implement the logic of the data pipeline (aggregations, projections, selections, etc …)
- Data Cleaning: keeping data clean and accurate with data sources (DWH, 3rd Party)
- An active, solution-oriented member of autonomous, cross-functional agile teams collaborating with Product Owners, Data Scientists, and Business Intelligence teams
- Able to develop an in-depth understanding of HelloFresh’s core product and architecture, and act as an ambassador for state of the art software solutions and industry best practices offering support and mentorship to colleagues
At a minimum, you have...
- MSc in a STEM discipline
- 5+ years’ data engineering experience is required
- Advanced Python (functional and OOP) and SQL skills (DDL, DML, CTEs, query optimization, ...) experience with Apache Spark required
- Knowledge of data structures (DataFrames, RDDs, Dataclasses) and data formats (CSV, JSON, Parquet, Avro, ORC)
- Required prior experience installing data architectures on Cloud providers (e.g. AWS), using DevOps tools and automating data pipelines.
- The ability to design, implement and deliver maintainable and high-quality code using best practices (e.g. git/github, secrets, configurations, yaml/json)
- Experience with data modeling, design patterns, building highly scalable and secured solutions preferred
- Min 2 years experience with job orchestration tools like Airflow, Luigi or similar
- Experience with end-to-end testing of data pipelines and implementing Data Quality checks (e.g. using frameworks AWS Deequ) is preferred.
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy
- $0 monthly premium and other flexible health plans effective first day of employment
- 75% discount on your subscription to HelloFresh (as well as other product initiatives)
- Snacks, cold brew on tap & monthly catered lunches
- Company sponsored outings & Employee Resource Groups
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because they are a protected veteran.