Bellevue, Washington, USA
Amazon.comFree shipping on millions of items. Get the best of Shopping and Entertainment with Prime. Enjoy low prices and great deals on the largest selection of everyday essentials and other products, including fashion, home, beauty, electronics, Alexa...
Looking for your next challenge? North America Sort Centers (NASC) are experiencing explosive growth and looking for a skilled, highly motivated Data Scientist to join the Sort Center Product, Science, and Analytics team.
The Sort Center network is the critical Middle-Mile solution in the Amazon Transportation Services (ATS) group, linking Fulfillment Centers to the Last Mile. The experience of our customers is dependent on our ability to efficiently execute volume flow through the middle-mile network.
Data Scientist will design and implement solutions to address complex business questions using advanced statistical and machine learning techniques, experimentation, and big data. In this role, you will build scalable ML models, apply advanced analysis technique and statistical concepts to draw insights from massive datasets, and create intuitive science models and data visualizations. You can contribute to each layers of a data solution – you work closely with business intelligence engineers and product managers to obtain relevant datasets and prototype predictive analytic models, you team up software development engineers to implement data pipeline to productionize your models, and review key results with business leaders and stakeholders. Your work exhibits a balance between scientific validity and business practicality.
To be successful in this role, you must be able to turn ambiguous business questions into clearly defined problems, develop quantifiable metrics and robust machine learning models from imperfect data sources, and deliver results that meet high standards of data quality, security, and privacy.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have 12 affinity groups (employee resource groups) with more than 87,000 employees across hundreds of chapters around the world. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which reminds team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
It isn’t about which hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We offer flexibility and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We care about your career growth too. Whether your goals are to explore new technologies, take on bigger opportunities, or get to the next level, we'll help you get there. Our business is growing fast and our people will grow with it.
- Masters or PhD with two years of experience, OR a Bachelors degree in Statistics, Applied Math, Operations Research, Economics, Engineering or a related quantitative field with five years of working experience as a Data Scientist
- Experience with statistical analysis, data modeling, optimizations, regression modeling and forecasting, time series analysis, data mining, financial analysis, and demand modeling
- Experience applying various machine learning techniques, and understanding the key parameters that affect their performance
- Experience in Statistical Software such as R, Weka, SAS, SPSS
- Proficiency with TABLEAU or other web based interfaces to create graphic-rich customizable plots, charts data maps etc
- Able to write SQL scripts for analysis and reporting (Redshift, SQL, MySQL)
- Experience using one or more programming languages (Python, R, Java, C++, MATLAB)
- Experience processing, filtering, and presenting large quantities (100K to Millions of rows) of data
- Previous experience in ML, data scientist or optimization engineer role with a large technology company
- PhD in Mathematics, Engineering, or Computer Science preferred
- Familiarity with the processes used in Amazon fulfillment/sortation network
- Ability to develop experimental and analytic plans for data modeling processes, use of strong baselines, ability to accurately determine cause and effect relations
- Experience in creating data driven visualizations to describe an end-to-end system
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. The role requires effective communication with colleagues from computer science, operations research and business backgrounds.
- Ability to work on a diverse team or with a diverse range of coworkers
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Other jobs like this
Senior Data ScientistAgile AWS Azure Big Data Consulting Data Analytics Databricks Deep Learning Engineering ETL +23
Career development Competitive pay Flex hours Flex vacation Health care +1
Senior Applied Scientist, Amazon Software Builder InsightsAWS Economics Engineering Hadoop Machine Learning Matlab PhD Python R Research +5
Career development Conferences Salary bonus Signing bonus
Coupa Software, Inc.
Data ScientistANN Big Data Business Analytics Classification Deep Learning Engineering Feature engineering Git Industrial Machine Learning +8
Career development Competitive pay Flex hours Flex vacation Health care
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Senior Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Machine Learning/Deep Learning jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs