New York, United States
About the Company
At Covera Health, we have proven that advanced data science can prevent serious misdiagnoses which result in poor outcomes for patients and increased costs for payers. Using our proprietary framework, we help patients recover better, faster, and more affordably. Today, we are working with some of the largest healthcare payers in the country to potentially impact millions of patient lives. We are passionate about improving healthcare for every patient.
About the role
We are looking for a talented Data Engineer to join us in our commitment to improve the quality of care for patients in every community across the nation. In this role, you will join our growing Engineering organization and work with data systems and pipelines that serve our customers and providers, as well as internal teams like Sales, Operations, Provider Partnerships, Data Science, and AI.
You will be responsible for developing, enhancing, and maintaining the data systems, pipelines, and infrastructure supporting key workflows and functions across the company -- from operations to provider data management to business intelligence and data analytics.
- Collaborate closely with Product, Engineering, and other teams across the company to understand and support business needs.
- Design data models around a variety of different types of data including: healthcare provider data, patient authorizations and claims, medical images and reports, proprietary quality assessments, and more.
- Build reliable, performant, maintainable, secure systems and pipelines which can scale to the needs of our business.
- Transform complex (and sometimes messy) data from disparate sources into clean, coherent data sets for consumers.
- Expose data interfaces to customers, providers, and internal teams.
You are passionate about using your skills in data engineering to help improve quality of care for patients across the country. You strive to deliver high quality work, and have great attention to detail. You are an excellent communicator and work well in a collaborative team environment.
In addition, you have the following:
- BS in computer science or related technical field
- 3-5 years of professional experience with data engineering
- Familiarity with the landscape of data technologies (tools for ingestion, processing, storage, etc.)
- Comfort working with Unix-based environments and the command-line
- Comfort with containers
- Experience with Python
- Experience with Airflow or Luigi
- Experience with SQL (PostgreSQL preferred)
- Experience with AWS, including preferably:
- Data storage and warehousing (e.g. S3, RDS, Redshift)
- Data transfer (e.g. DMS, Glue, etc.)
- Data processing (e.g. Athena, EMR, Lambda, etc.)
You may also have the following:
- Experience working at a healthtech company or with healthcare data
- Familiarity with Terraform/Terragrunt
- Familiarity with Kubernetes
You will be a full-time employee with competitive salary, stock options, and great benefits. These benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance (with premiums fully covered), FSA, pre-tax commuter benefits, flexible paid time off, and a comfortable office space filled with a variety of quality snacks and beverages. Most importantly, you’ll get to know each of us and we love to work together to find solutions. We are a smart, fun, focused, and unique team of people who are truly passionate about changing healthcare for the better!