Machine Learning Infrastructure Engineer
San Francisco, CA
Everyone who is approved for a mortgage needs to pay someone close it. That's why title and escrow is a $25 billion industry. At States Title, we're transforming closings by applying machine intelligence to age-old processes and procedures. In less than 4 years, we've grown from just an idea to the #8 provider in the country. Now, backed by multiple patents, our streamlined, efficient algorithms are poised to revolutionize the title and escrow process. We will repurpose the billions wasted in rote, manual tasks to make homeownership easier and less risky, helping people invest time and money into more meaningful parts of their lives.
You’re fired up to be a machine learning enabler:
- Investigate, design, set up and maintain machine learning platforms to serve our multifarious data science models via API, with a smooth link between training and production.
- Help model owners produce clean, tractable, and highly performant machine learning through code review
- Collaborate with backend engineers and data engineers to keep data science models humming smoothly with the rest of States Title's services
- Set up model monitoring pipelines that help us visualize performance through live business intelligent dashboards.
You definitely have:
- Experience with cloud container services, low-level model serving APIs, as well as the constellation of vendor model hosting solutions
- Knowledge of DevOps practices and experience with related tooling (containers, infrastructure-as-code, observability, etc).
- Experience building, optimizing, and maintaining data science models using Python best practices.
- Experience with multiple ML frameworks (Scikit-learn, pytorch, TensorFlow, SparkML, etc).
- Experience with the command line for Linux systems.
- Desire to engage with the company's entire data science portfolio for code review and management, and communication skills sufficient to productively advise model owners
You might even have:
- Experience with big data platforms and tools like Spark, Hive, Presto, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with compiled languages like Java, Scala, C#, etc.
- Familiarity with data warehouse and data lake architectures.
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life.
We believe the most valuable investment we can make - and the greatest boost we can give to your career - is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- Learn something new every day
- Get more done than you would anywhere else
- Highly competitive salaries and stock option grants
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Flexible work hours
- Unlimited vacation policy
- A modern, helpful 401(k) plan
- Wellness and commuter benefits