Associate Data Engineer -Streaming
US, MO, Virtual Location - Missouri
Amazon.comFree shipping on millions of items. Get the best of Shopping and Entertainment with Prime. Enjoy low prices and great deals on the largest selection of everyday essentials and other products, including fashion, home, beauty, electronics, Alexa...
Are you a streaming systems specialist? Do you have real-time systems experience? Do you like to solve the most complex and high scale (billions + records) data challenges in the world today? Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help customers and partners use cloud computing to do big new things faster and at lower cost? Do you want to be part of history and transform businesses through cloud computing adoption? Do you like to work in a variety of business environments, leading teams through high impact projects that use the newest data analytic technologies? Would you like a career path that enables you to progress with the rapid adoption of cloud computing?
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we’re hiring highly technical streaming data engineers to collaborate with our customers and partners on key engagements. Our consultants develop and deliver proof-of-concepts, technical workshops, deliver implementation projects and create solutions and tools. These professional services engagements involve emerging technologies like AI, IoT, and Data Analytics.
The focus of this role is helping our customers and partners with design, implementation and integration of solutions using Amazon managed streaming services. AWS Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base and are obsessed about customer success. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
• Solution - Deliver on-site technical engagements with partners and customers. This includes participating in pre-sales on-site visits, understanding customer requirements, supporting consulting proposals, contributing to internal Area of Depth programs and Technical Field Community, authoring AWS Data Analytics best practice and creating packaged data service offerings.
• Delivery - Engagements include on-site projects to design and build customer’s data streaming implementations and helping customers to migrate existing self-managed and on-premises solutions to AWS.
• Ability to travel to client locations to deliver professional services, as needed.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have thirteen employee-led affinity groups, reaching 85,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here. We are a customer-obsessed organization—leaders start with the customer and work backwards. They work vigorously to earn and keep customer trust.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
• 2+ years’ industry experience as a Data Engineer with demonstrated experience in data modeling, ETL Development, Data Warehousing, Data Lakes, and/or consoliding data from distributed systems
• 1+ years’ experience building enterprise level streaming and real-time architecture
• Experience with implementation, integration and administration with at least one of the following Streaming Data-Streaming frameworks or services: Apache Kafka, Kinesis Data Streams, Apache Spark Streaming, Apache Flink, Apache Storm, Apache NiFi, Azure Stream Analytics, or Confluent
Preferred Qualifications• Hands on experience contributing to large-scale data science/data analytics projects
• Experienced developing innovative solutions to complex business and technology problems
• Written and verbal technical communication skills with an ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
• Experienced in queuing theory with message-broker software like RabbitMQ or similar
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Other jobs like this
Manager, Data Engineering TeamAWS Azure Business Intelligence Data strategy Engineering ETL Finance Git Google Cloud Informatica +11
401(k) matching Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Health care
Senior Machine Learning Software EngineerComputer Vision Engineering Keras Machine Learning ML Python PyTorch Research TensorFlow
Competitive pay Equity Health care Insurance Parental leave
Data Engineer ManagerAirflow Athena AWS Big Data Data pipelines DynamoDB Engineering ETL Excel Hadoop +10
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Equity Health care +2
Career development Competitive pay Equity Flex hours Health care +1
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Senior Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Machine Learning/Deep Learning jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs