Sr. Data Architect
Albuquerque, New Mexico
The Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) has a need for a Sr. Data Architect to support our government customer located in location.
Kāpili maintains a repository of over 20,000 films, two million photographs, and 60 million pages of documents dating back to The Manhattan Project. Kāpili Services is charged with making the above digitally accessible to DTRA deterrent mission researchers in a way that provides knowledge and meaning through the use of digitization, Machine Learning (ML), Artificial Intelligence (AI), and data science.
The role of the Sr Data Architect is to collaborate with data scientists, researchers, users, model and sim engineers, user experience designers, software engineers, digitizers, cataloguers, and system administrators to design a system to collect, manage, and convert raw data from the DTRIAC archive into usable information for U.S. deterrent missions.
DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Design tools and methodologies to process the digital collection in a production mode.
Develop and implement methods for, and configurations of, the Data Lake to support navigation, search, insertion, or extraction of information or files by the government or other performers without requiring proprietary software, tools, or data other than widely available commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) tools, and software that can be authorized for use on government IT systems.
Develop, maintain, and improve capabilities, such as scripting, to efficiently perform maintenance, synchronization, and production processing of data in the Data Lake on Windows- and Linux-based IT systems, including HPCMP clusters.
Implement, configure, perform functional testing, and operate the data and applications of the Advanced Search and Discovery (ASD) environment as a hosted capability on government IT systems.
Leverage the collection, capabilities, and team to perform targeted analyses and studies and to provide dedicated support to missions and end users.
Create documentation or training materials for Project Products.
Support integration or hosting of capabilities or products on government IT systems.
Hold and participate in Gate Reviews.
Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years relevant experience.
- Experience building and maintaining secure, end to end systems and services.
- Experience building and working with data pipelines and large data sets.
- Experience with schema design and data modeling.
- Deep understanding of algorithms and efficient data structures.
- Current Security+ Certification or equivalent required.
- Proficiency with Python programming language, C++, SQL, and C# required.
- Experience with OCR and Machine Learning technologies and methodologies required.
- Experience and demonstrable proficiency with OpenCV and PostgresDB is desirable.
- Experience/Proficiency with utilizing Tesseract OCR with Python is desirable.
- Experience in developing and implementing Recurrent Neural Networks (RNN) algorithms and integrating Long Short Term Memory (LSTM) highly desirable.
- Experience with Academy of Color Encoding System (ACES) Developer Tools for integrating data specifications into software and hardware a plus.
- Experience with the following types of tools a plus: SAS, Apache Hadoop, Tableau, TensorFlow, BigML, Knime, RapidMiner, Apache Flink, DataRobot, Apache Spark, MongoDB, Trifacta, Minitab, Apache Kafka, QlikView, Julia, SPSS, Keras, Matplotlib, Pytorch, scikit-learn, Weka, Domino Data Science Platform, IBM Watson Studio, and Google Cloud AI Platform
REQUIRED CITIZENSHIP AND CLEARANCE:
- Secret Clearance required
The Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) is a fast-growing government service provider. Employees enjoy competitive salaries. Eligible employees enjoy a 401K plan with company match; medical, dental, disability, and life insurance coverage; tuition reimbursement; paid time off; and 10 paid holidays.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are proud to state that we do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. If you are a person with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process, please click here to request accommodation. We E-Verify all employees.
The Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) is comprised of industry-recognized government service firms designated as Native Hawaiian Organization (NHO)-owned and 8(a) certified businesses. The Family of Companies (FOCs) includes Ke`aki Technologies, Laulima Government Solutions, Kūpono Government Services, and Kapili Services, Po`okela Solutions, Kīkaha Solutions, LLC, and Pololei Solutions, LLC. Alaka`ina Foundation activities principally benefit the youth of Hawaii through charitable efforts which includes providing innovative educational programs that combine leadership, science & technology, and environmental stewardship.
For additional information, please visit www.alakainafoundation.com.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Senior Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Senior Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Machine Learning/Deep Learning jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open KPIs-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs