Senior Data Scientist - Analytics
San Francisco, California, USA
Amazon.comFree shipping on millions of items. Get the best of Shopping and Entertainment with Prime. Enjoy low prices and great deals on the largest selection of everyday essentials and other products, including fashion, home, beauty, electronics, Alexa...
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We're always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on Linkedin, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role:
Amazon Interactive Video Service (IVS) is a managed live video service, within Amazon Web Services (AWS), built on top of Twitch Video. It has one of the world's largest live video networks. IVS powers the many companies that are using live video to uniquely engage and build communities, just as it does for Twitch, where more than a billion hours are streamed live each month.
The IVS Video Intelligence team, a central data team for all of IVS, is looking for an experienced data scientist to create a strategic impact for the entire IVS business. As part of the team, you will help product managers, engineering leads, and executives make better product decisions faster. You will recommend and implement metrics to measure product performance across the globe, run experiments to test product hypotheses, forecast demand and capacity needs, and produce insights for your partners. You will report to the IVS Video Intelligence Lead.
If you are experienced in the analytics space at consumer web scale, bring your passion for data to grow an enterprise cloud service. You will work in our San Francisco office, but we will also consider other locations including Seattle (WA), Salt Lake City (UT), or US-Virtual.
• Become a domain expert real-time video streaming tracking and measurement, building trust with your product and infrastructure partners.
• Ensure your product, engineering, and executive partners understand and use the insights you produce.
• Translate product and strategy questions into quantifiable metrics, and work with data engineers to dashboard these metrics.
• Disambiguate product questions, finding clever ways to answer them, and to measure the uncertainty.
• Mentor junior team members and promote analytics and experimentation best practices throughout the company.
• At least 6 years of experience turning data into insight and driving strategic decisions
• Excellent statistical knowledge, in particular hypothesis testing, power analysis, and predictive analytics
• Experience defining new metrics, their relation to actual user behavior, limitations, and complementarity
• At least 3 years of experience designing and analyzing A/B tests. You have used advanced analysis techniques such as diff-in-diff, two-stage least square, or CUPED. You can explain them to product partners unfamiliar with statistics
• Expert SQL skills, so you can quickly tap into our data sources
• Experience using Python data libraries like pandas, numpy, or scipy
Preferred QualificationsBonus Points
• Experience with machine learning methods such as logistic regression, decision trees, and neural networks
• Experience working with global network infrastructure, in particular real-time video streaming event data
• Passion for live streaming video and online communities
• Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
• 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
• Flexible PTO
• Commuter Benefits
• Amazon Employee Discount
• Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The pay range for this position in Colorado and Connecticut is $140,400 - $215,300 yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act and CT House Bill Number 6380. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Twitch's internal or external careers site.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, or other legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Other jobs like this
Senior Data Scientist, Machine Learning - Search & RecommendationA/B testing Deep Learning Economics Engineering Excel Machine Learning ML PhD Python Research +2
Career development Parental leave Startup environment Wellness
Data Engineer/ ETL -- Production Operations Support AnalystAgile AWS Big Data Consulting Data Analytics Data Warehousing Engineering ETL Informatica Linux +5
401(k) matching Health care Insurance Salary bonus Startup environment
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Senior Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Senior Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Machine Learning/Deep Learning jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open KPIs-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs