Data Analyst - Analytic Operations (Remote)
United States / Canada
The Athletic is a digital sports media company that brings true sports fans closer to the athletes, teams and leagues that captivate their attention. We serve a multi-faceted audience that craves a richer connection and understanding with immersive storytelling and a like-minded community of fans. Founded in 2016 and with major operational hubs in San Francisco, Los Angeles, London and Melbourne, we empower a truly global team of more than 600 creators and cover more than 250 professional sports and collegiate teams across the United States, Canada and the UK. Our newsroom has produced thousands of in-depth reports along with more than 120 podcasts and other forms of premium content. Put simply, The Athletic is at the center of a sports fan’s universe.
About the Role
We are looking for an analyst or analytic engineer to support analytic operations and data integrity efforts at The Athletic, with a focus on data modeling and data governance. You will work closely with the data analytics and engineering teams to develop business logic and integrate them into complex data models to support product, growth, and marketing analytics. In addition, you will be helping the data science team with dataset curation and refinement.
- Build and maintain key data assets (data models, data transformation processes, etc).
- Develop and implement strategies to improve data quality and its value to stakeholders.
- Work cross-functionally between analysts, product managers, data engineers, and engineers to define data logging requirements.
- Design, build and automate key business metrics into visualizations, dashboards, slack bots, scorecards, etc.
- 2+ years of experience in analytics, data engineerings, or engineering, especially around designing and building data models using SQL to code business logic.
- Experience with SQL and familiarity with Python.
- Some experience with ETL or ELT processes.
- Some experience with either Redshift or DBT strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with app development frameworks strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of industry trends for digital subscription based businesses.
- Strong communication skills.
Other jobs like this
Data Engineer/ ETL -- Production Operations Support AnalystAgile AWS Big Data Consulting Data Analytics Data Warehousing Engineering ETL Informatica Linux +5
401(k) matching Health care Insurance Salary bonus Startup environment
Lead Data Analyst (Remote)Data Analytics Data pipelines Data strategy Data visualization Data Warehousing Engineering MySQL Postgres Python SQL
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Equity Flex hours +5
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Senior Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Senior Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Machine Learning/Deep Learning jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open KPIs-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs