Senior Data Engineer, Video Advertising
Seattle, Washington, USA
Amazon.comFree shipping on millions of items. Get the best of Shopping and Entertainment with Prime. Enjoy low prices and great deals on the largest selection of everyday essentials and other products, including fashion, home, beauty, electronics, Alexa...
Note on location: We are open to candidates located in:
New York, NY
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will to build a reliable and efficient data platform to support Analytics and intuitive data products that allow our stakeholders to easily leverage data in a efficient and self-service manner. As part of this team, you will work on diverse data technologies such as Spark, Iceberg, Kafka, and various other AWS technologies to build a scalable and robust data platform supporting Analytics and Experimentation. You will own creating end-to-end data pipelines that consolidate large data sets across various disparate systems and combine them into easily consumable data sets that drive actionable insights for your customers.
A successful candidate is highly analytical, able to work extremely effectively in a matrix organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into products that advertisers love. You must engage with customers to deeply understand their current and emerging needs. Video advertising is rapidly evolving and you must develop customer insight to identify solutions and invent on behalf of their customer. We are looking for someone customer obsessed and technology savvy - with a passion for advertising. The ideal candidate will have a well-rounded technical background as well as a history of leading complex, ambiguous projects end-to-end.
Key job responsibilities
-Lead, design, and implement the Data Platform from the ground up utilizing native AWS technologies.
-Build robust and scalable end-to-end data pipelines to support Analytics and Data Products
-Creatively explore how to use data to continually add value to the Video Advertising business.
-Be a bridge between data engineering and the business, enabling insight that can empower better decision-making.
-You have an eye for detail and like to spark joy amongst your cross-functional partners with well-documented high-quality data products that are modeled and easy to understand.
About the team
Video advertising is a complex, multi-sided market with many technologies at play within the industry. The industry is rapidly growing and evolving as viewers are shifting from traditional TV viewing to OTT, and from terrestrial radio to streaming. In addition, publishers are increasingly adding video content to their online experiences. Amazon’s video advertising program is a rising competitor in this industry. Amazon’s service has differentiated assets in our customer & audience insights, exclusive video content and associated inventory on our streaming services (IMDbTV, Twitch, Prime Video, Amazon Music, etc.) and devices (FireTV, Echo, Fire Tablet) which all position us well as an end to end service for advertisers and agencies. As our business grows, we are continually experimenting with a portfolio of emerging ideas and technology as well as global expansion. We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented individuals to help foster these nascent ideas into scalable products and launch them into the market.
- 5+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
- Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
- Experience in SQL
Preferred Qualifications-Experience leading large-scale data warehousing and analytics projects, including using AWS technologies – Redshift, S3, EC2 and other big data technologies.
-Proven success in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe data modeling decisions and data engineering strategy
-Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Other jobs like this
Charles River Analytics Inc.
Software Engineer – Computer Vision and Deep Learning (Mid-Senior)Caffe Computer Vision CUDA Deep Learning Engineering GPU OpenCV Python PyTorch Research +4
Career development Competitive pay Health care Insurance Medical leave +2
Data EngineerAgile AWS Azure Big Data Consulting Data Analytics Databricks Data pipelines Data visualization Engineering +22
Career development Competitive pay Flex vacation Health care Insurance
Data Engineer -StreamingApache Flink AWS Azure Consulting Data Analytics Data Warehousing Distributed Systems Engineering ETL Kafka +3
Career development Conferences Salary bonus Signing bonus Startup environment
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Senior Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Machine Learning/Deep Learning jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs