Quantum Applied Scientist
Munich, Bavaria, DEU
Amazon.comFree shipping on millions of items. Get the best of Shopping and Entertainment with Prime. Enjoy low prices and great deals on the largest selection of everyday essentials and other products, including fashion, home, beauty, electronics, Alexa...
Are you excited by the disruptive potential of quantum technology? Do you want to help businesses understand the challenges and opportunities of quantum computing (QC) and develop new practical use cases?
The worldwide quantum computing specialist team is looking to hire a Quantum Applied Scientist with significant experience with quantum computing hardware and/or algorithms. Upon agreement with the hiring manager, this role can be based in Munich, Amsterdam, Paris or another AWS office in the EMEA region. Quantum Computing is a technology that holds promise to be transformational in many industries. To help our customers on this journey we are looking for a candidate who will work with academic, enterprise and startup customers to architect advanced solutions leveraging AWS Quantum Computing services, collaborate with service and business stakeholders, and grow the AWS quantum computing ecosystem.
The ideal candidate will possess a combination of scientific background and a strong drive to solve practical problems using quantum computers in the cloud. The candidate will have the technical depth and business experience to easily communicate the potential and challenges of Quantum Computing, multiple hardware platforms and frameworks in the AWS cloud to scientists, managers, and engineering teams. The candidate will also collaborate with customers and internal research teams to solve complex problems and publish results. This requires deep familiarity with state-of-the-art approaches to quantum computing, as well as target use cases using HPC and ML in the cloud.
This is an opportunity to be at the forefront of science and technological transformations.
Key job responsibilities
- Architect advanced solutions leveraging AWS Quantum Computing services, working closely with our customers to deeply understand their business needs and to design technical solutions that take advantage of the AWS Cloud platform and Quantum Computing services;
- Demonstrate the viability of each solution through mechanisms like proof-of-concepts or prototypes;
- Publish research results obtained in collaboration with internal research teams or customers in journals and conferences and AWS blogs to promote AWS Quantum Computing services;
- Evangelize AWS Quantum Computing services and technologies by developing compelling audience-specific messages and tools (product videos, customer success stories, advanced demos, how to guides, etc.);
- Gain recognition and credibility as a presenter, panelist and keynote speaker for multiple internal and external workshops and conferences;
- Collaborate with AWS field sales, professional services, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and effectively use AWS Quantum Computing services;
- Collaborate with internal teams to define the product road map, market positioning and developer program initiatives.
About the team
You will be joining the quantum computing specialist team. We are the in-house experts in quantum computing who work with customers to find new use cases of quantum technologies, promote the use of the Amazon Braket service, and push the boundary of knowledge by developing new large-scale scientific applications that have broader commercial use. Our team members deliver for customers by publishing blog posts, research papers, and giving high-visibility talks at premier workshops and conferences.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we provide an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about employee career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded applied scientist and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- PhD in a quantum computation related field (Quantum Physics, Quantum Chemistry, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics) and a proven academic track record with publication history;
- 5+ years of experience with Quantum Computing including strong quantum hardware or algorithm domain knowledge;
- Demonstrated ability to gain insights that drive new technology use cases in quantum computing and suggest service improvements that can be adopted by the business;
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with multiple teams and thrive in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- 3+ years of experience using gate-based quantum computers (superconducting, ion trap, neutral atom, photonic qubits, etc.), analog quantum simulators, or annealers;
- 2+ years of research experience with quantum algorithms that have practical applications in chemistry, optimization, or machine learning;
- Strong knowledge and industry experience with distributed systems, and service-oriented architecture;
- Experience with cloud computing and or related fields (IT, software, etc.);
- Experience with sales engineering to Fortune 1000 and/or Global 2000 organizations.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Other jobs like this
Senior Data ScientistAgile Big Data Data analysis Data Analytics Data Mining Data pipelines Engineering Kubernetes Machine Learning PhD +6
Career development Competitive pay Equity Flex vacation Parental leave +1
Principal Data Scientist - Remote UKAgile Big Data Data analysis Data visualization Deep Learning Linux Machine Learning Python R Research +3
Career development Competitive pay Signing bonus
Data ScientistBig Data BigQuery Deep Learning Engineering Google Cloud Machine Learning Python Research Robotics Scikit-Learn +5
Career development Competitive pay Conferences Equity Flex vacation +4
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Senior Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Machine Learning/Deep Learning jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs