Risk Data Analyst
At GoCardless we’re looking to scale from processing £10 billion a year to over £20 billion. Our vision is to create a global connected payments network, making payments simpler on the internet no matter what country you're in or what software you are using.
Tens of thousands of businesses across the UK and beyond rely on us to handle their payments, and hundreds more sign up every week. As we look to the future, those businesses will be larger, more demanding, and present in multiple countries - and so will we.
We’ve built a friendly, collaborative culture where we hire and develop ambitious people that share our desire to produce work we can be proud of. We value learning and feedback, and there will be significant scope for you to develop and expand your role as our team continues its rapid growth.
As a Risk Data Analyst, you will have a direct impact on GoCardless’ bottom line and growth capabilities by managing risks across our portfolio. Partnering with stakeholders throughout the business, you will develop data-driven, scalable processes and procedures that combine strong risk management fundamentals with seamless user experiences.
- Develop scalable methods to identify, measure, and control end-to-end risks across the user lifecycle: this will involve identifying and helping build crucial risk management systems including in-product and back-end controls, use of third-party risk assessment tools, and implementation of rule-based and model-based detection systems
- Identify, define and build key metrics used to observe the health of GoCardless’ risks.
- Conduct root-cause analyses on out-of-pattern portfolio trends.
- Develop and effectively maintain dashboards and reporting to support the team and senior stakeholders.
- Become an expert on the global ecosystem of GoCardless’ products & tools, and how those elements interact with payment risks.
- Develop strong internal relationships across the Risk Organisation teams (Financial Crime, Fraud, Credit) and across the business (Product Development, Data, Sales, etc.).
- Challenge the payments industry status quo to help enable innovative businesses to flourish online.
Our ideal candidate excels in many of the following areas:
- An excellent problem-solver with strong analytical skills and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- The ability to deal with ambiguity and manage changing priorities.
- Decisive, yet open to learning: you will make many critical decisions every day, even with the knowledge that you will be wrong some of the time.
- An ambitious sense of curiosity and a willingness to explore areas outside of your comfort zone, like new markets or new product types.
- Strong data visualization skills and a passion for data and analysis with the ability to extract insights from large and unrelated pieces of data.
- Excellent communicator who is able to convey complex ideas succinctly.
- A tremendous sense of urgency
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Finance, Computer Science, Engineering or other quantitative field
- Strong SQL skills, experience with Python or any other programming language is desirable but not a must.
- Bonus: expertise working with Looker and/or Google BigQuery
- Business background - has worked outside of risk and can bring a more business view into risk
Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds and we welcome diversity – if you're unsure, please apply.