Data Scientist (Python), Amazon Ads
Mexico City, Mexico City, MEX
Amazon.comFree shipping on millions of items. Get the best of Shopping and Entertainment with Prime. Enjoy low prices and great deals on the largest selection of everyday essentials and other products, including fashion, home, beauty, electronics, Alexa...
Amazon Advertising exists at the intersection of marketing and e-commerce and offers advertisers a rich array of innovative advertising solutions across Amazon owned properties as well as third party properties Amazon operates. We believe that advertising, when done well, can greatly enhance the value of the customer experience and generate a positive return on investment for our advertising partners.
We are currently looking for a highly skilled and motivated Data Scientist (Analytics Manager) to help scale our growing advertising business by working with advertising agencies to discover and leverage insights based on Amazon Advertising data. The Data Scientist is a key member of the Customer Success Team at Amazon Advertising, working with sales, product, retail and other Amazon business partners to analyze and improve advertisers’ performance on Amazon, in support of their marketing initiatives. Data Scientist´s work with Amazon's unique data and translate it into high-quality and actionable insights and recommendations to improve the effectiveness of advertiser campaigns and unlock business opportunities. Day to day, the activities include analyzing metrics of success for a business or category, developing data-driven insights and recommendations for C-suite client leadership, and communicating recommendations in a clear and compelling fashion. The strategic and consultative digital expertise of a Data Scientist is critical to delivering the best return on investment for our customers. Experience working with a major advertising and/or media agency will help this individual work more effectively.
· Use Amazon’s data, your agency experience and your understanding of our advertising customers’ business to provide guidance to agency partner leadership and C-suite marketing leaders, via business reviews and frequent in-person client presentations to regularly iterate on and articulate a brand’s strategy.
· Present findings and insights in a consultative way to the client and collaborate with the relevant internal teams in order to provide a complete solution.
· Be able to deal with ambiguity in order decipher complex problems, select an ideal solution from a wide array of analytic techniques and concepts and translate into actionable requirements for your team.
· Have the ability to collaborate, work cross-functionally and communicate effectively across multiple business functions and geographies.
· Proactively provide appropriate levels of support and guidance to other locales outside of your core market.
· Influence marketing initiatives and own account-level data and/or analytics related strategic conversations internally and externally.
· Deliver regular and bespoke analyses and insights for some of the world’s largest advertisers to drive growth across advertiser KPIs and help them grow their businesses.
· Demonstrate deep analytical ability, and develop great expertise in Amazon’s proprietary metrics, working to constantly evolve and scale how we analyze and communicate data driven insights to our advertisers.
· Educate other teams on Amazon media offerings and keep them engaged by delivering learning sessions, writing training documentation and whitepapers for internal and external use.
· Be a proponent of data driven decision making and encourage clients to act on the recommendations.
· Be someone who enjoys learning new skills and adopting new analytic methodologies and tools.
- Bachelor's degree plus 7+ years’ experience in client-facing data analysis roles
- 5+ years of consulting experience with a major consulting firm
- Economics, Marketing, Statistics, Advertising, or Business/Digital media planning experience
- Knowledge of R, SQL and /or Python
- Ability to translate technical aspects of analysis and metrics into actionable insights for the advertiser and both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Excellent data driven storytelling skills – you create and deliver compelling presentations with outstanding visuals
- Comfortable presenting complex analysis in a simple, easy to digest way to C-suite level stakeholders
- In depth understanding of advanced statistical techniques and methodologies as well as simple linear regression analysis, multivariate regression analysis and model building
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to effectively manage competing priorities in a complex work environment, focusing on high-value activities
- Fluency with an advanced analytical tool (Python, R, SAS, etc.) – ability to run advanced statistical modelling and testing in one of the above languages
- Fluency with visualization tools (Tableau, QlikView, Power BI, etc.) – ability to create interactive, user-friendly and compelling dashboards and reports
- Experience in delivering client facing reports in a consultancy role
- Experience with advertising publishers and marketing/creative agencies
- MBA, Master’s or Doctoral degree in Economics, Marketing, Statistics, Advertising, or Business/Digital media planning experience
- SQL knowledge - ability to write complex queries from scratch from multiple tables, creating the appropriate joins, extracting and manipulating data, formatting fields, creating new measures and metrics, etc.
- Experience in performance advertising in a role where you managed significant complexity and scaling challenges
- Agency or Client Communications Planning experience
- Experience in predictive analytics, experimental design, A/B testing.
- Complete understanding of the end-to-end process of marketing campaign development and execution.
Other jobs like this
Senior Applied Scientist, Amazon Software Builder InsightsAWS Economics Engineering Hadoop Machine Learning Matlab PhD Python R Research +5
Career development Conferences Salary bonus Signing bonus
Coupa Software, Inc.
Data ScientistANN Big Data Business Analytics Classification Deep Learning Engineering Feature engineering Git Industrial Machine Learning +8
Career development Competitive pay Flex hours Flex vacation Health care
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Senior Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Machine Learning/Deep Learning jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs