Data Science Internship: Python
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what’s now to what’s next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.
We are looking for a hands-on Data Scientist for summer internship as part of the Analytics team in the IoT & Analytics CTO office of Hitachi Vantara North America. The role will be either based in Waltham, MA or remote home office.
• Develop the Automated Machine Learning tool – AutoDEPPA2, which is to automate the generic components in each step of DEPPA process: Descriptive, Exploratory, Predictive, Prescriptive, Automation and Autonomous.
• Research, understand and evaluate a wide range of machine learning techniques and tools from public resources (papers, blogs, Github, etc). Techniques and tools may include but not limited to: data engineering, data analysis, machine learning modeling, reinforcement learning, meta-learning, cohort learning, deep learning, etc.
• Present the tools to internal teams and perform technical discussions
• Incorporate the selected tools into AuotDEPPA2 by following the existing code structure.
• Build models (like meta learning models) as part of the AutoDEPPA2 work.
• Collect data for different domains from public resources (like Kaggle)
The core accountabilities:
• Research and implementation capabilities: find, understand, implement, deploy and evaluate the techniques and tools.
• Data science modeling (classification, regression, deep learning) development, coding, testing, evaluation and deployment
Desired Skills and Experience
• Master degree from an accredited college/university in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Business Analytics, Engineering, or any related field
• Proven professional data science experience, e.g., machine learning, algorithms and statistical modeling, such as classification, time-series analysis, regression
• Experience working with some business domains, such as Finance/Banking/Insurance, health care, manufactory, is a plus
• Experience in delivering end-to-end machine learning application: data collection, data engineering, data analysis, modeling, evaluation, drawing insights and make recommendations.
• Experience in project management and leading the project development
• Python coding skills minimum 2 years
• UNIX / Linux shell scripting skills minimum 1 year
• Knowledge about how to deploy cloud environments, like AWS
• High degree of self-drive, energy, self-confidence, commitment and flexibility
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.