Senior Data Scientist
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Bottomline is at the forefront of digital transformation. We are a growing global market leader uniquely equipped to address the changing needs of how businesses pay and get paid. Our culture of Working with and for each other enables us to delight our customers. We empower our teams to think like owners driving customer delight, helping them grow their business and win in their markets.
We are looking for Senior Data Scientist to innovate, win, and grow with us in Bangalore, India.
As a member of Central Data & Analytics Team, you will be developing software to be used for a range of machine learning and data mining techniques, including predictive modeling, anomaly detection, customer profiling and segmentation, recommendations, text analytics, and big data analytics in solving our business problems. You will take an idea from conception and experimentation to design and implementation to deployment and production. In this role, you will interact with a team of experts in Machine Learning and Data Mining.
How you’ll contribute:
- Research and identify optimal new machine learning solutions to complex business problems with focus on improving inference and reducing costs
- Collaborate closely on a cross-functional team and mentor, support the team of data scientists and analysts
- Assist lines of businesses in evaluating scenarios and plan scope, feasibility, and approaches of potential ML solutions for each scenario
- Assist business groups in performing exploratory data analysis related to their use cases
- Provide best practices and technical support for implementation, focused on stated business outcomes
- Ideation and assistance on the use of AWS Services, in particular Amazon SageMaker and AWS Managed Services for development of Deep Learning and Transfer Learning with Natural Language Processing (NLP)
What will make you successful:
- At least 4 years’ professional experience in with major programming languages such as Java, Python, Scala
- A completed graduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering or any other heavily numerate subject
- Understanding of the full software development lifecycle (conduct data analysis and build large-scale machine-learning models/pipelines)
- Ability to present suggested approaches and results – focused on business value
- Experience in optimizing space/time trade-offs for computationally expensive processes
- Familiar with Agile software development process as well as Dual Track Agile
- Experience in Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Spark), large relational and NoSQL databases
- Extensive knowledge in data processing, Machine Learning, and data analysis frameworks such as scikit-learn, NumPy, Pandas, TensorFlow, NLTK
- Experience in quantitative analysis and translation of findings into actionable insights
You’ll love Botttomline because in everything we do we seek to delight our customers and we are passionate about building a company of which we can all be proud, and this starts with building amazing teams filled with team members that challenge you every day.
Start your #LifeAtBT
Public cloud AWS, ML, DL, NPL, Python, Java, Scala, Hadoop, Spark