Design Technologist, Envision Engineering
US, NY, Virtual Location - New York
Amazon.comFree shipping on millions of items. Get the best of Shopping and Entertainment with Prime. Enjoy low prices and great deals on the largest selection of everyday essentials and other products, including fashion, home, beauty, electronics, Alexa...
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for builders with a passion for designing solutions that accelerate our customers' ability to innovate on our platform. You will be part of a tight knit team of innovative practitioners who are obsessed with understanding the needs of our customers and have the skills to partner with them in experimenting with new ideas that can open up new markets or radically change how they deliver existing products/services. Our goal is to double our customers’ inventiveness by doubling the number of experiments they can run (Jeff Bezos).
In this role you will use your UI/UX expertise to show customers the art of the possible in developing prototypes using machine learning, deep learning, IoT and serverless architectures. You will apply design and user experience best practices that ensures the prototypes provide a foundation to production solutions. We will provide a creative environment where high judgement failure is embraced so you can move fast without compromising on research time that is required to experiment with new ideas.
Here are some other qualities we’re looking for:
Be great fun to work with. At AWS, we have a credo of “Work hard. Have fun. Make history”. In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and be eager to make a big impact.
You are intellectually curious and enjoy keeping your existing UI/UX skills honed while developing new ones, so you can make strong contributions to deep architecture discussions. You will regularly take part in deep-dive education and design exercises to create world-class solutions built on AWS.
Expert confidence in applying UX best practices to design problems - Keeping the customer and end user in focus without sacrificing velocity. You’re comfortable with committing to design decisions through peer review and rapid testing methodologies.
Comfort with code. You take ownership of your design output and see it through into the functional prototype. An ideal candidate will understand the technical investments or limitations and use that to inform their design decisions. This also means you aren’t afraid to pitch in on light front-end development or ‘design in code’ on occasion.
You are intellectually curious and enjoy keeping your existing UI/UX skills honed while developing new ones, so that you can make strong contributions to deep architecture discussions.
Key job responsibilities
- Research and employ up-to-date technological developments to customer engagements
- Apply design best practices and processes to develop artifacts from discovery to deployment
- Rapidly build and iterate on high-fidelity prototypes that express design intent, using the most appropriate tools and techniques for the task.
- Position requires travel -- generally, between 0 - 25%
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating relevant experience
- Fluency in best practices for user experience and user interface design
- 5+ years experience working in a collaborative team and directly with developers for implementation of designs
- Ability to communicate in Portuguese and English, in technical and business settings (verbal and written).
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math (“STEM” majors) or equivalent experience
- Strong time-management skills and the ability to be self-directed when needed
- Owning the full design process from design to deployment
- Experience with UI design for complex workflows and/or for end users
- Generalist expertise in design for both consumer and enterprise audiences with an emphasis on data visualization
- Deep understanding of human motivations, capabilities, and limitations as applied to the design of interactive systems.
- Passion for understanding the latest learnings and innovations in behavioral science, research methods, and UX design and applying these to your work.
- Familiarity with: modern CSS frameworks, tools and workflows; JS frameworks such as Angular, React, Vue.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Other jobs like this
Data EngineerAgile AWS Azure Big Data Consulting Data Analytics Databricks Data pipelines Data visualization Engineering +22
Career development Competitive pay Flex vacation Health care Insurance
Data Engineer -StreamingApache Flink AWS Azure Consulting Data Analytics Data Warehousing Distributed Systems Engineering ETL Kafka +3
Career development Conferences Salary bonus Signing bonus Startup environment
Senior Data Engineer, Life SciencesAWS Data pipelines Distributed Systems Git Hadoop Kafka NoSQL Python Scala Security +2
Career development Competitive pay Flex hours Flex vacation Health care
Data EngineerAgile Airflow AWS Business Intelligence Data analysis Data pipelines Data Warehousing Engineering FiveTran KPIs +10
401(k) matching Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Insurance
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Senior Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Machine Learning/Deep Learning jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs