Principal Applied Scientist , Alexa Entertainment Spoken Language Understanding
US, WA, Virtual Location - Washington
Amazon.comFree shipping on millions of items. Get the best of Shopping and Entertainment with Prime. Enjoy low prices and great deals on the largest selection of everyday essentials and other products, including fashion, home, beauty, electronics, Alexa...
Help us shape the voice experience for music, video, radio, and books. Come join the team that made Amazon Music, Spotify, Hulu, Netflix, Pandora, available to Alexa customers. We are innovating the way our customers interact with entertainment in the living room, on the go, and in the car. We are at the epicenter of the future of entertainment.
Alexa Entertainment is looking for an experienced Applied Scientist to shape the long-term vision and direction for Speech Recognition, Natural Language Understanding, and Intent Routing for Alexa Entertainment. As Principal Applied Scientist, you will lead the design, development, and evaluation of models and ML (machine learning) technology. You will identify new areas of exploration in the speech recognition, and language processing space, continuously pushing the bar for what’s possible, so that customers have the magical experience of entertainment with Alexa. You will mentor other applied scientists and deliver innovative and scalable state of the art solutions, with opportunities to publish your work. You will develop novel solutions using large-scale real-world datasets and partner closely with a dedicated engineering and product team to build, evaluate, and deliver your solutions. And, you will have the satisfaction of working on a product your friends and family can relate to, and want to use every day. Like the world of smart phones less than 10 years ago, this is a rare opportunity to have a giant impact on the way people live.
You will be part of a team delivering features that are highly anticipated by media and well received by our customers.
Key job responsibilities
Alexa Entertainment is looking for an Applied Scientist in ASR (automatic speech recognition) and NLU (natural language understanding) to join the team of talented and passionate scientists. As an Applied Scientist, you will participate in the design, development, and evaluation of machine-learning solutions that understand the world of entertainment, constantly expand their knowledge of music, video, books, and learn our customers’ entertainment preferences and speech patterns, anticipating and fulfilling their needs. You will also have the satisfaction of working on a product your friends and family can relate to, and want to use every day. As with smart phones less than 10 years ago, you will have a wonderful opportunity to have a giant positive impact on the way people live.
- Graduate degree (MS or PhD) in Computer Sciences, Mathematics, or Statistics with specialization in natural language processing, or machine learning.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in modeling and analysis, and in deploying machine learning / deep learning models in production.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in programming languages such as Python
- Strong software development skills
- Proven track record of innovation in creating novel algorithms and advancing the state of the art
- Entrepreneurial spirit combined with strong architectural and problem solving skills
- Strong publication record
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Other jobs like this
Senior NLP Scientist (Dialogue Systems)Business Intelligence Classification Conversational AI Data Analytics Deep Learning Engineering Feature engineering Keras Machine Learning ML +10
Career development Competitive pay Conferences Equity
6sense Insights, Inc.
Senior Data Scientist, NLPDeep Learning Econometrics Engineering NLP Python PyTorch R SQL Statistics TensorFlow +2
Career development Flex vacation Gear Health care Insurance +3
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Senior Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Machine Learning/Deep Learning jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs