Financial Data Analyst
Remote - Palo Alto, California, United States
Universal Tennis Overview:
Universal Tennis is on a mission to grow the sport of tennis by connecting players globally through level-based play, innovative events and a digital marketplace. We are both a technology and tennis event company. Our innovative tools and technology make tennis better for all players and providers, with our gold-standard UTR tennis rating system at the core, powering level-based play around the globe. We proudly operate the UTR Pro Tennis Tour with Federations and venues to support aspiring pro players and provide new pathways for competitive juniors. To learn more, visit www.universaltennis.com.
The Company is high-growth and backed by some of the leading investors in tennis, sports, technology and media, including Amazon; Tennis Channel / Sinclair; Ken Hao (Managing Partner, Silver Lake Partners); Larry Ellison (Co-founder and CTO of Oracle); TEAM8, the creator and principal owner of Laver Cup and sports company founded by Roger Federer, Tony Godsick, Ian McKinnon and Dirk Ziff; Novak Djokovic (20-time Grand Slam Champion); Tennis Australia (operators of the Australian Open); and many others.
We are looking for a detail oriented Financial Data Analyst with the ability to bridge financial metrics with data analytics. You will work cross functionally with the Accounting, Sales and Data Science teams. You will be responsible for creating and maintaining dashboards and reports to facilitate revenue recognition and reporting metrics for the Company. You will report directly to the CFO.
In this role you will:
- Develop, define, create and maintain reports and dashboards to monitor the Company Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Assist Data Science team to ensure data integrity in all reporting, across multiple data source platforms (Stripe/Apple, Data Warehouse, Salesforce, QuickBooks, etc.)
- Be the Accounting liaison between business units to ensure complete, accurate and consistent reporting.
- Act as the Company representative with Payment Processing vendors to ensure accurate and timely information is exchanged to facilitate revenue recognition.
- Support CFO and vertical leads/sales teams with SalesForce integration and data analytics and related dashboards, sales contracts, reconciliation, etc.
- Provide financial planning and analysis to support business verticals
- Implement process and all essential controls related to quote to cash revenue streams B2B and direct to consumer streams B2C
- Use your responsive, entrepreneurial mindset with ability to own and complete tasks from ideation to execution to measurement
- 2-3 years’ experience in data analytics and finance
- BA/BS degree in related fields (Accounting, business, statistics, computer science)
- Strong SQL Skills
- Experience presenting, visualizing and working with and reconciling in Excel/Google Sheets
- Lookup, Math operations, Logical operators, string functions, datetime functions
- Creating and analyzing bar charts, histograms, pie charts, line plots, scatter plots, waterfall charts, chart design
- Pivot tables, sorting, filtering, freezing, conditional formatting, paste special
- Experience visualizing, working with, and reconciling data in Python using Jupyter/Google Colab or R
- Familiar with the following data structures: lists, dictionaries, tuples, DataFrames, arrays
- Familiar with the following Python libraries or similar ones in R: NumPy, Pandas, datetime, Matplotlib, Seaborn, Plotly, string functionality, re (bolded are must have)
- Excellent verbal, visual, and written communication skills with the ability to work cross functionally with a remote workforce across all levels of the organization
- Solid understanding of GAAP and accounting principles.
The Company is headquartered in Palo Alto, CA, but this position can be remote with willingness to travel. We are offering a competitive salary and equity compensation package with flexible working hours and PTO, medical, dental, and vision insurance, along with long term and short-term disability.
Other jobs like this
Data AnalystAirflow Business Analytics Dagster Economics Engineering Excel Git Looker LookML Matlab +6
Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Health care Startup environment +1
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Senior Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Senior Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Machine Learning/Deep Learning jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open KPIs-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs