Finance Data Analyst
London, England, United Kingdom
We are Zego, a global insurtech scale-up providing cover that creates possibilities.
In an ever-changing world, insurance is struggling to keep up. Through the power of emerging technologies, we are creating fairer products designed for the 21st century.
Zego has a truly international and inclusive team, unified by our values, great ideas and collaborative thoughtfulness. Our people are the most important part of our story and everyone plays an essential role in our journey. Zego has grown rapidly over the past few years and our operating model with it.
In 2019, we closed our series B funding round, raising $42M from top-tier investors that will fuel our growth into new territories and the expansion of our product portfolio. In 2018 we were listed as one of the top 3 disruptors to watch on the Sunday Times Fast Track 100. We were also listed in Wired magazine as one of the 5 hottest startups in London. In 2019, we were listed in the Fintech 50 and placed number 7 in the Startups 100. More recently in 2020, we were accepted into the Tech Nation Future 50 cohort and placed 9th on the Global Insurtech 100 - solidifying our place as one of the UK’s most exciting and influential tech companies.
We look for people who have expertise, enthusiasm and are motivated by change. You’ll work alongside a talented group of people who respect each other's differences and seek to understand fresh perspectives.
We are currently hiring for an experienced Finance Data Analyst with in-depth knowledge of data analytics for large data warehouses / volumes of accounting information.
Your role will be principally focused on pulling together large volumes of client data from various sources, including the policy administration platform. Equally important, you will work closely with the Tech and Business Intelligence teams to automate data flow for billing purposes into Zego’s accounting platform.
To succeed in this role, you should be a creative problem solver with the ability to understand the requirements of various management requests for financial reports and deliver specific solutions to extract appropriate information from the platform and accounting system.
You should have excellent excel skills, perseverance to reconcile large sets of data and experience in a Business Intelligence / analyst role.
About the role:
- You will maintain the data collection and quality checks for group level finance data sources
- You will understand the optimal approach to bring data from multiple sources together to produce reports and improve processes
- You will document report processes and best practices involved
- You will design and implement new processes to improve efficiency
- You will work with the Data Team to improve data consistency from source systems, and resolving any discrepancies in multiple sets of data
- You will work with Finance Systems Accountant and 3rd party systems providers to understand how their data sources interact with Zego’s in-house data
- You will be responsible for extracting and analysing vary large and multi-dimensional data sets
- You will deliver quick solutions within a fast moving environment
- You will manage the continual enhancement of the reporting output
- You will improve reporting efficiencies to meet tight regulatory deadlines
- You’ll have extensive experience with data analytics tools
- You’ll have previous BI/Data warehouse experience essential
- Strong SQL, Excel and Reporting Software skills are essential. Power BI and/or Google Data Studios would be an advantage
- A knowledge of data analysis, statistics and experience using data analysis tools /languages would be an advantage
- You’ll have experience with cloud-based databases and data warehouses would be useful.
- Proven working experience as a data analyst or business data analyst
- You’ll have strong reporting skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- You’ll be adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- You’ll have a passion for start-ups
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.