Sr./Lead Computer Vision R&D Engineer - Collaborative SLAM
Posted 2 months ago
Magic Leap is a team of creatives and technologists developing a lightweight wearable and eco-system that changes the way we experience the world around us. Our office in Zurich, Switzerland is a center of excellence for Computer Vision and Deep Learning. We are looking for exceptional engineers, passionate about shaping the future of computing.
You'll be responsible for designing and developing high-performance computer vision algorithms with a focus on collaborative and cloud-based applications in MagicVerse (1, 2). This work will form the platform for the next generation of computing applications and drive exciting Magic Leap products.
- AR / 3D Vision / SLAM: Research and productize computer vision algorithms for collaborative and cloud based computer vision tasks.
- Data / Test driven R&D: Employ data and metrics to gain insight and develop core functionality through the full development cycle from applied research to productization. Participate in architecture design, development planning and prioritization.
- Programming / prototyping: Write elegant, efficient and reusable code with continuous integration processes.
- 7+ years of professional experience in C/C++, Python with strong CS fundamentals.
- 7+ years of experience in geometric computer vision, algorithms, SfM / SLAM, visual inertial odometry, 3D reconstruction, sensor fusion.
- Experience working with computer vision libraries (e.g. OpenCV, Ceres, g2o, gtsam, Sophus)
- Excellent problem-solving, high quality coding, performance analysis, troubleshooting and debugging skills.
- Comfort with communication and collaboration across teams. The ability to multitask, manage tasks with varying priorities and align with stakeholders.
Other desirable skills:
- Experience with runtime optimization, embedded and parallel programming.
- Experience with low latency / high bandwidth real-time data pipelines, batch data processing pipelines.
- Familiarity with deep learning technologies for geometric computer vision problems.
- MSc or PhD in Computer Science / Computer Vision / Robotics or equivalent experience.
For your application, a CV and cover letter is recommended. Contact www.magicleap.com / email@example.com
All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.