Senior Data Engineer
United States - Remote
GoDaddyDie Komplettlösung für das Wachstum im Internet. Wer jetzt den kostenlosen Testzeitraum beginnt, kann eine elegante Website gestalten, einen Domainnamen erwerben, schnelles Hosting erhalten, unser Online-Marketing ausprobieren und erhält...
At GoDaddy the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full-time; others have a hybrid arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some days) and some work entirely remotely.
This is a remote position, so you’ll be working remotely from your home. You may occasionally visit a GoDaddy office to meet with your team for events or off-sites.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
Join our team...
Our Data Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight, and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal, and fulfilling
experience for all our customers. So, if you’re interested in a career creating data-driven products and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further
What you'll get to do…
- Work in an agile(scrum) development environment, constantly shipping and iterating.
- Develop high-quality batch and streaming big data pipelines.
- Collaborate with our Data Consumers, gathering requirements, and delivering complete data solutions.
- Own the development, and maintenance of datasets that drive key business decisions.
- Adopt and define the standards and best practices in data engineering including data integrity, performance optimization, validation, reliability, and documentation.
- Keep up to date with advances in big data technologies and run pilots to develop the data architecture to scale with the increased data volume using cloud services.
- Triage many possible courses of action in a high ambiguity environment, making use of both quantitative analysis and business judgment.
Your experience should include…
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or related technical field.
- 7+ years of experience in analytics, data development, and data warehousing.
- Experience working with Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Kafka, Kinesis).
- Experience with large-scale data processing systems for both batch and streaming technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Kinesis, Flink).
- Experience in programming using Python, Java or Scala.
- Experience with data orchestration tools (Airflow, Oozie, Step Functions).
- Solid understanding of database technologies including NoSQL and SQL.
- Data lake design strategies for metadata, ontology, governance, authorization, etc.
- Track record of delivering reliable data pipelines with solid test infrastructure, CICD,data quality checks, monitoring, and alerting.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills with the ability to balance competing priorities.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills and an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- An ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is occurring, and ambiguity is the norm.
- Execute a data platform strategy in collaboration with team members, architects, product managers, and other groups across the business
- Collaborate as a significant individual technical contributor to meet overall team objectives and goals
- Stay up to date on emerging technologies, standards, and protocols
You might also have…
- Experience with AWS big data technologies – S3, EMR, Kinesis, Redshift, Glue – highly preferred
- Experience in building Tableau reports for analytics
We've got your back... Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
Other jobs like this
Machine Learning EngineerAirflow Big Data Blockchain Business Intelligence Crypto Kubernetes Machine Learning ML MLOps Python +5
Career development Competitive pay Equity Flex vacation
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Machine Learning/Deep Learning jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open KPIs-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs