Senior Data Engineer
Join our HelloFresh family
At HelloFresh we love food and our mission is to change the way people eat forever. That change comes conveniently packaged in a box - a HelloFresh Box, filled with the best fresh ingredients.
With our meal boxes with easy to cook recipes and fresh ingredients, we are driving change in the quickly evolving food industry. From developing our recipes to delivering the boxes - the customer is at the center of everything we do. Our aim is to make every meal a moment to look forward to, for everyone at the table. No surprise then that data is our friend and for us, learning never stops. We make quick but informed decisions and as a fast-growing company, we value flexibility and speed.
HelloFresh needs you
For our young and passionate team, we are looking for a Senior Data Engineer. As the data engineerd you and your team will be working towards the goal of improving and/or developing workflow tools for all the teams. For example: in order to create our recipe card each week, a new python based tool is required to automate steps within this process to increase speed and decrease errors. You will take ownership of the architecture, design, development, deployment and operations of the tools you and your team build. You will be a part of the larger Process Excellence team and will play a crucial role in our push for automation locally and work together with our global tech teams on continuous improvements within HelloFresh.
- Contribute to the codebase yourself and manage 2fte engineers.
- Continuously optimise your team’s performance and manage business stakeholders to ensure on-time delivery of your team’s projects
- Develop and support the creation of a centralized server-based workflow hub;
- Take ownership of existing workflow tools and ensure that you and your team maintain, adjust and improve these;
- Collaborate closely with our global Tech team, which is based in Berlin.
Are you the perfect Senior Data Engineer?
You have 3-5 years of work experience as data engineer or data team lead and have over 5000 hours of back-end experience using Python and SQL. Besides this you have experience or strong interest in working with job orchestration tools like Airflow, deploying automation tools such as Docker, Kubernetes and working with Amazon AWS. In former jobs you learnt to translate business problems into sustainable data solutions for your team and you are experienced in end-to-end development processes, continuously delivering projects. Taking ownership for business problems and creating lasting solutions makes you happy. Finally, the team communicates in English so excellent verbal and written English skills are a must.
What do we offer you?
- Make a serious impact on creating more efficient processes within the HelloFresh BENELUX office;
- A lot of learning- and development opportunities within a young and dynamic e-commerce company;
- The opportunity to get to know the whole business and work with a lot of different teams locally and internationally;
- Freedom of idea and initiative, execution and implementation of your own ideas and initiatives;
- You can make use of the company benefits, like food and fruit in the office, sports classes, such as yoga, boot camp, and boxing class;
- A discount on the HelloFresh box;
- A competitive salary.
We take a look at your resume and cover letter. If we see a match, we will invite you within 5 working days for a video call to get to know each other. If this goes well you will be asked to take an assessment in Python after which we will schedule a face-to-face interview at our headquarters in Amsterdam. If both sides would like to proceed we will schedule a chat with our Process Excellence lead as the second step in the interview process. This will be followed up with a third chat with a global engineering manager and your final interview will be with our Head of Business Development and CEO. The interviews will be scheduled one after the other quickly, in order to let you know as soon as possible if you can start at HelloFresh!
Interested or questions?
Feel free to contact Ard-Jan by email if you have any questions. Do you want to apply? Please click on the ‘apply’ button below and make sure to add your resume and cover letter in English. Incomplete applications and applications via email are not taken into consideration.
Before applying please make sure you are eligible to work in the Netherlands, unfortunately, we do not sponsor any work visa or permits for this position.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Proactive talent acquisition from third parties is not appreciated.