FutureLearn LtdJoin millions of people learning on FutureLearn. Find online courses and degrees from leading universities or organisations and start learning online today.
Are you our next Analytics Engineer? We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Analytics Engineer to join FutureLearn’s Data & Analytics teams. This is an exciting new role, offering huge variety, working with a modern data stack and interacting with key stakeholders across the organisation. FutureLearn has made significant investments into its data pipeline to enable fast, easy and scalable access to our data. Our core data stack consists of Stitch, Meltano and Airflow for the ETL pipeline, Snowflake on AWS as our main analytics data warehouse, dbt and SQLfor in- warehouse data manipulation and structuring and Looker for data visualisation and reporting.For over 15 million learners, FutureLearn is the gateway to high-quality lifelong learning – something we’re truly passionate about in our mission to transform access to education. Partnering with over 260 international educational institutions and businesses, we up-skill learners and fire up their creativity, interest – and, of course, their CVs! – with our online courses. We’re building a connected, collaborative, global community where learning is available for all. We’re on the cusp of emerging from a plucky EdTech start-up into a truly transformational business, with meaty goals for the next five years. You could help us achieve those goals, working in a dynamic environment and with a truly passionate team.
Whats the opportunity?
This role is ideal for a strong individual contributor who can work alongside the Data Engineers, Analysts and Scientists. The successful candidate will own the creation and maintenance of analytics ready data models in Snowflake, applying software engineering best practices to support efficient, automated reporting, insight generation and advanced predictive modelling. They will work closely with analysts and business teams to understand their analytics needs and enable a self-serve analytics culture across FutureLearn, by turning raw and semi-raw data into insightful and trusted KPIs. We are looking for someone who understands the end-to-end data and analytics process and has strong analytical acumen and intellectual curiosity to learn new technologies.
As part of FutureLearn you will be able to work within a stimulating, multidisciplinary, inclusive and diverse working environment that promotes collaboration, teamwork (AGILE framework), personal initiatives and career growth.
What you will bring to the table:
• 3+ years hands-on experience creating analytics data models in a cloud data-warehouse environment, experience with Snowflake would be an advantage, and knowledge of data warehouse design principles
• Excellent SQL skills, experience with dbt would be an advantage, and able to create efficient data models to enable analysts, data scientists and business self-serve users
• Experience with ETL tools like Stitch and Meltano and visualisation tools, like Looker, would be an advantage
• Experience in building and maintaining a consistent data model, enabling the efficient creation of business insights by analysts, scientist and through self-service
• Strong problem-solving ability and intellectual curiosity
• Strong communication and relationship building skills; able to interact and engage with all areas of the business.
What can we offer you:
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualification
- Fully flexible working environment/hours, with stylish offices in Holborn
- 28 days’ holiday (plus 8 days’ public holiday)
- Buy and sell up to 5 days’ holiday
- Charity day (volunteer for a charity of your choice)
- Cycle to work scheme, and showers and secure bike parking in the office
- Season Ticket loan
- Pension (4% employer / employee contribution)
- Open University Staff Fee Course Waiver Programme
- Personal training budget and dedicated time to take our online courses
- A diverse and inclusive team to work with
Note: FutureLearn operates a Remote First working practice. A hybrid approach where home is likely to be where you'll spend most of your working time, but you will need to attend our London offices for relevant meetings, engage with and support colleagues.
What happens next?
Ready to go for it? Click 'apply for this job', include your CV and a cover letter telling us why you'd like to become a FutureLearner, and how you’ll nail this role.
We can't wait to meet you!
We believe diversity matters and want to create an environment where diversity can flourish. We encourage everyone to bring their whole self to work, regardless of gender, age, sexual orientation, race or disability.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you require any reasonable adjustments or alterations to be made, to support you through the recruitment process.
We encourage freelancers and people who have been made redundant as a result of COVID-19 to apply for opportunities at FutureLearn. We believe that in these difficult times, good employers have to rise to the occasion and play their part in the community. At FutureLearn, we take care of each other.
Other jobs like this
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Machine Learning Engineering Manager jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Machine Learning/Deep Learning jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open KPIs-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs