Senior Analytics Engineer (Remote)
SnapcommerceA new way to shop that maximizes savings, benefits and rewards on mobile.
Snapcommerce is a high-growth company that sits at the intersection of mobile commerce and fintech. Our flagship product, Snaptravel allows millions of users around the world to book their travel over messaging. We are currently in the scale-up phase of the company with plans to grow from ~150 employees to ~300+ employees as fast as possible while maintaining the competitive advantages and culture of being a startup.
With a high-performing team of world-class leaders, Snapcommerce thrives on tackling complex problems within AI, E-commerce, and Conversational Design to push the boundaries of the value we can add to our users’ lives!
At Snapcommerce, we pride ourselves on the performance-driven environment we’ve created for our team to prosper and excel. Our values are rooted in making data driven-decisions and risk-taking actions that add value to both the user and the company. Check out this article from our CEO, Hussein on Snapcommerce's Core Values to learn more!
About the Role
We are looking for a Senior Analytics Engineer to join our growing Data & Analytics team! As a Sr. Analytics Engineer at Snapcommerce, you will build foundational data infrastructure to support our expansion into new e-commerce verticals. You will own the analytics infrastructure for these products end-to-end -- from data ingestion to reporting -- ensuring high data quality and availability. You will work with the business, engineering, and analytics teams to lay the foundation for effective reporting and analysis needed to scale up these ventures. As a senior member of the team, you’ll promote strong standards throughout the organization and help level-up team members through the adoption of software engineering best-practices.
- Data-driven Culture: you will be an ambassador for our data-driven culture, taking data and using it to answer business questions and drive strategy & decision making
- Data Management: you will ingest, clean and organize raw data in a way that makes sense for both you and the team.
- Project Management: you will lead data projects from ingestion to reporting, showing your ability to manage scope, work with ambiguity
- Collaborative Execution: You will liaise between Business, Engineering and Data to translate business requirements into proper data capture and schema design
- Data Strategy: You will help shape the data model at Snapcommerce, which will advance our broader analytics strategy
- Teamwork: You will coach data analysts and junior analytics engineers, helping them level-up technically and adopt software-engineering best practices
- 3+ years of work experience as an analytics engineer, data engineer, or full stack data analyst
- You are proficient in SQL, with an emphasis on readability and performance
- You are a data modelling expert, and have designed schemas at previous organizations (bonus points for using dbt)
- You have a strong understanding of data warehouses and the modern data stack
- You have a track record of delivering projects, including datasets that were used to drive key business decisions
- You can self-serve by building ELT pipelines using off-the-shelf tools, Singer taps, or simple DAGs in Airflow.
- You have experience leveraging tools and best practices for data governance, data quality testing, and documentation
- You can clearly communicate about technical subjects to non-technical people
Why work at Snapcommerce?
- Work with a group of ultra-smart hard-working talent coming from companies such as Google, Uber, & Facebook
- Join a results-driven organization where performance is measured by your output and not the number of hours you work
- Be part of a 100% transparent culture where every employee has access to board decks, strategy, and financials
- Work on projects that have instant impact, with most engineers pushing code to production within their first week
- Every day you will be helping our customers save money, earn rewards, and experience more of what life has to offer, making this a very rewarding and meaningful career
Perks & Benefits
- We are a Remote-first company, we offer flexible working hours with complete work-from-home freedom and a guilt-free unlimited vacation policy
- Enjoy employee rewards, and travel discounts using SnapTravel
- Competitive salaries, equity options, full benefits from day one, wellness budgets, and paid development - we’ve got you covered!
- UberEats credits, meal budgets, special treats, and team lunches. When in the office, enjoy daily snack services and unlimited coffee, tea, and other drinks
- Supporting continued growth with Learning & Development, Diversity & Inclusion events, TED talk Tuesdays, and Lunch & Learn opportunities
- We welcome new additions with a generous EI top-up, parental leave, additional vacation, and a flexible return-to-work plan
- Game nights, Happy Hours, internal hackathons, team building games, workouts, and more
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Other jobs like this
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Machine Learning Engineering Manager jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Machine Learning/Deep Learning jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open KPIs-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs