DBA/ Data Engineer
London, England, United Kingdom
DrDoctorWe envision a remote-first healthcare system which meets demand without sacrificing care quality, delivered via our Patient Engagement Platform
Who are you?
We are looking for a Database Administrator (with additional data engineering projects) to join an exciting team that enables DrDoctor to process millions of patient interactions and provide our healthcare clients with the right tools to continue to meet the rising patient need.
You will play a crucial role in our cross functional team, along with business domain experts, engineers, product analysts and client delivery teams. You’ll understand data and reporting requirements from our BI. You’ll support us to meet our GDPR requirements.
As a DBA/Data Engineer you will be a key member of the product team supporting the all the databases of platform, including analytics. You will support the creation of new schemas and improve the performance of queries.
This opportunity will allow you to have a direct effect on what we do and how we do it! If you have a desire to learn and wish to accelerate your career, we can give you as much responsibility as you are ready to handle as part of a growing health tech company! 😀
OK, That’s me, but who are you?
DrDoctor is a HealthTech company on an exciting growth trajectory. Our technology focuses on engaging patients across their healthcare journey while saving hospitals time, effort, and money.
Our Mission is that healthcare needs a reset. More people need care every day and health services struggle. Current patient engagement is a mess of disparate systems that hinder, rather than help care delivery.
Our Vision is a remote-first healthcare system, which can meet demand without sacrificing care quality. We want patients to be engaged in their care, shifting to a digital first model.
We do that onscale:
- 10 million+ patients use DrDoctor
- We manage over 50 million appointments
- We work with over 35 NHS Trusts and Health Boards
We HEART the NHS and want to help it work better. We radically transform the delivery of health services to make healthcare work for everyone – for patients, doctors, administrative teams and taxpayers.
Tell me more! Who will I be working with?
In this role you really will interact with every part of the business on a daily basis, even as we grow! But meet Shane:
'I'm Shane, and I work in the Data team within the Product group. This team is relatively new, and we manage the usual tasks around unlocking insights from various data sources. Our mission is a little different though. It's not financial figures or social media data we're crunching. This data is used to help our wonderful NHS give patients the care they need quickly and efficiently. There aren't many data jobs where you can make an important contribution to the community like this. It's a good feeling.
Also, much of what's on our future roadmaps is greenfield. That's pretty exciting. It means we need ambitious people with open minds, big imaginations and bags of drive. People who are willing to explore and learn and can collaborate and share their knowledge on projects not just with developers but people right across the DrDoctor team.
This is a company with big plans and one that is tangibly scaling-up. Pre-Covid the headcount here was under 40. That number has easily doubled since (and that includes yours truly). Our challenge is to ensure everything we build is secure, flexible and scalable, and can keep pace with a flourishing company.
Plus we're a friendly and sociable bunch of people who come from all around the world and all walks of life. And we like a laugh.'
OK, I’m interested. What experience do I need to have?
We’d like you to have experience of:
- Production database administration and maintenance
- SQL Server workload tuning and optimisation
- Liaising with developers around SQL Server matters
Bonus points for:
- SQL Server Development
- Data Warehouses (with awareness of Kimball)
- Azure Data Factory (or similar)
- Power BI
We know from research and experience that candidates may not apply if they don’t feel they meet 100% of our requirements. If you don’t tick all the boxes but feel you would be a good fit, we would still love to hear from you. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture!
We are perfect for each other, what are the next steps?
We are currently recruiting heavily and have a lot of CV’s to go through. However, we don’t wait for roles to close before going through your CV. We will be in touch in a few days to let you know if we think we might be a match, and if we are not. Unfortunately, because we get so many CV’s we are not able to send an individual response if its not a match. However, if you want more details as to why, just drop us a note and we will arrange to get some feedback over to you.
If it’s a match, then we will arrange a time to talk to you on a quick 30 minute call. It’s just an informal chat so you can relax! We will tell you more about the role, the team and why you should want to join us.
If we continue, then we will invite you in to meet the team and founders. Depending on your role we may also ask you to complete an assessment.
We get there are a lot of great roles out there, so we will make sure to get through the rounds as quickly as possible. All we ask is you keep us up to date with your plans.
I can’t wait to get started, what are the perks?
An awesome team? Ok, you want more?
- Remote by default approach - Everyone at DrDoctor will work remotely, most or all of the time with regular opportunities to socialise and engage at office spaces available in London and Manchester.
- Flexible working (we support your family and personal commitments; you can work where you are at your best and at times when you feel most productive)
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays (with our own DrDoctor Bank Holidays thrown in for good measure!)
- 4 duvet days per year for those days that you just don’t feel like working
- Personal development time every other Friday
- Yoga on a Monday, team sports and other fitness classes adhoc
- Mental health support through our partner OpenUp
- Drinks/other fun things sent to you in the post
- Discretionary bonus
- Enhanced parental leave (up to 16 weeks fully paid parental leave for anyone who brings a child into their home – whether this is via birth, adoption or surrogacy)
- Salary competitive and dependant on experience
- EMI share options scheme!
As DrDoctor has grown, we are seeing more of our people wanting to socialise in different ways.
Whilst we know that a lot of us love to go to the pub, we want to make sure we are including a wide variety of activities and events for our teams to enjoy each other's company.
We want to create an open space for anyone and everyone to suggest how they’d like to spend time with their teams.
When we're not in the midst of a pandemic, we also do summer and Christmas parties and regular company/team socials and away days. So far, we have enjoyed picnics at a nearby farm, a water colouring session, board games evening and Crystal Maze! We have also held various events for celebrations such as Eid ul-Fitr, Holi Festival and International Women’s Day.
Other jobs like this
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Machine Learning Engineering Manager jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Machine Learning/Deep Learning jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open KPIs-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs