Associate Consultant - Big Data
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, NL
At IBM, we know that transformation drives change, and it is in our DNA to continuously transform. Our Business Transformation Consultants help drive large scale change that spans IBM business units and geographies. As a part of this team, you will have the unique opportunity to be a part of driving IBM’s ongoing transformation as a company that continuously innovates and leads the market.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Are you about to graduate or have you recently graduated from university? Do you want to pursue a career in high quality consulting services? Do you have a strong interest in technology, and would you like to stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends? Then this role might be for you!
IBM Services Associate Programme is IBM’s world-class 2-year development programme for talented graduates with a strong academic track record. It will give you the opportunity to jump-start your consulting career by combining client project work across different industries and service areas with focused training, project rotation and mentoring. Designed by experts, the program will accelerate your consulting career to help you develop leadership skills.
Your department and role
Data plays a key role in our clients’ business and operations. Society is paying more attention to ‘data’ related topics too, as evidenced by discussions around privacy and the appropriate use of data.
As a Consultant in Data Platform Services, you will focus on the latest evolutions in helping our clients’ business by defining and setting up cloud data platforms which can be used for AI and Data Monetization, taking into account privacy and security requirements.
IBM is helping many clients in this domain, leveraging its long and deep experience, extensive set of cloud solutions and a strong Data Platform Services practice with consultants who excel in business and technology. Our consultants work closely with clients to explore complicated challenges, offering clear advice and developing and implementing solutions.
The work tends to be project-based, and typically your assignments will last 3-9 months within the Benelux area. You could develop as a business analyst in the data domain or specialize as data engineer or data architect.
- Contribute in a project / Agile environment by helping define requirements or implement and test data management solutions
- Develop expertise in the data management domain and share this with colleagues and the client
- Contribute to further growth of IBM Data Platform Services by contributing to business development activities
We are looking for entry level candidates from all backgrounds with not more than 2 years of experience to become full-time Associate Consultants.
- A bachelor or master’s degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Data Science, Business Economics, Business & Management or related studies
- Professional and conscientious attitude
- Good presentation skills
- Some background, affinity and interest in data engineering or data (management) solutions
If you’re interested in this position, please follow the following steps:
- Apply via our career site and upload your CV and motivation letter, directed at Mai Lan Le-Pham (Talent Acquisition Partner);
- The recruiter will follow up with your application within the next weeks;
- The most suitable candidates will be invited to the Virtual Assessment Day where you will spend the day with similar minded graduates.
The closing date for this vacancy is August 24th, 2020.
The start date for this role is September 15th, 2020.
*** This is a job of IBM Nederland 0096 ***
*** #IBMAssociates AssocEL20 ***
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
We are looking for entry level candidates from all backgrounds to become full-time Associate Consultants, who are keen to demonstrate the following qualities and behaviors:
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Detail-oriented and analytical, with capability to apply logic to solve problems
· Obtained a Bachelor/Master Degree in Computer Sciences or a technical/business degree with significant exposure to IT
· Strong affinity with IT and technology
· Willingness and ability to travel up to 4 days a week, mainly within the Benelux
· Fluent in English and Dutch
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.