Data Engineer - Remote, Full-Time
Zapopan, Jalisco, Mexico
We are looking for Data Engineer who want to be part of a fast-paced, dynamic environment, where everyone’s opinions and efforts are valued. We hire outstanding individuals and give them the opportunity to thrive in a collaborative atmosphere that values learning, growth, and hard work.
Our team is distributed across the United State and Central / South America. If you have the desire to be a part of an exciting, challenging, and rapidly-growing software development consultancy, and if you are passionate about software development and creating the finest apps in the marketplace, please apply below.
What We Are Looking For
- Experience with AWS services including but not limited to S3, Athena, EC2, EMR, and Glue.
- Ability to solve any ongoing issues with operating the cluster.
- Experience with the integration of data from multiple data sources.
- Experience with various database technologies such as SQLServer, Redshift, Postgres, and RDS.
- Experience with one or more of the following data integration platforms: Pentaho Kettle, SnapLogic, Talend OpenStudio, Jitterbit, Informatica PowerCenter, or similar.
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service.
- Experience with or knowledge of Agile Software Development methodologies.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen sense of customer service.
- Experience with collecting/managing/reporting on large data stores.
- Awareness of Data governance and data quality principles.
- Well versed in Business Analytics including basic metric building and troubleshooting.
- Understand Integration architecture: application integration and data flow diagrams, source-to-target mappings, data dictionary reports.
- Familiar with Web Services: XML, REST, SOAP.
- Experience with Git or similar version control software.
- Experience with integrations with and/or use of BI tools such as GoodData (Prefered), Tableau, PowerBI, or similar.
- Broad experience with multiple RDBMS: MS SQLServer, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redshift.
- Familiarity with SaaS/cloud data systems (e.g. Salesforce).
- Data warehouse design: star-schemas, change data capture, denormalization.
- SQL/DDL queries/Tuning techniques such as indexing, sorting, and distribution.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- 3+ years of Data Pipeline development such as SnapLogic or Datastage, Informatica, or related experience.
- 3+ years of SQL experience (No-SQL experience is a plus).
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining data pipelines.
What You'll Be Doing
- Develops and maintains scalable data pipelines in SnapLogic and builds out new ETL and API integrations to support continuing increases in data volume and complexity.
- Develop and maintain data models for core package application and reporting databases to describe objects and fields for support documentation and to facilitate custom application development and data integration.
- Monitoring execution and performance of daily pipelines, triage and escalate any issues.
- Collaborates with analytics and business teams to improve data models and data pipelines that feed business intelligence tools, increasing data accessibility and fostering data-driven decision-making across the organization.
- Implements processes and systems to monitor data quality, ensuring production data is always accurate and available for key stakeholders and business processes.
- Writes unit/integration tests, contributes to engineering wiki, and documents work.
- Performs data analysis required to troubleshoot data-related issues and assist in the resolution of data issues.
- Work within AWS/Linux cloud systems environment in support of data integration solution
- Works closely with a team of frontend and backend engineers, product managers, and analysts.
- Teamwork: Collaborate with team members. Share knowledge, provide visibility of interpersonal accomplishments and follow directions when provided.
- Competitive salary and bonuses, including performance-based salary increases
- Generous paid-time-off policy
- Technology / Office stipend
- 100% remote work, now and post COVID
- Continuing education, training, conferences
- Company-sponsored coursework, exams, and certifications
You will have the chance to work on a variety of projects for our incredible clients, which will help you quickly improve as a consultant and software engineer. You will get to work with modern languages and frameworks alongside some of the best developers in the world!
So if you have the desire to be a part of an exciting, challenging, rapidly-growing software consultancy, please apply. #LI-Remote
Other jobs like this
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Machine Learning Engineering Manager jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Machine Learning/Deep Learning jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open KPIs-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs