Sr. Software Data Engineer
Remote | Los Angeles | Global
We're looking for our next Senior Software Data Engineer.
Joining our relatively small development team, this is the perfect position for someone who is looking to build. While there are elements to our products that will require maintenance, the core of this position is centered around you taking charge of our larger and more strategically complex projects. Reporting to the VP of Engineering, you will help to not only scale the products but to scale the Engineering team. Serving as a lead and mentor to data scientists and software engineers on data engineering best practices, you’ll pave the way on our most challenging initiatives, from building scalable systems to designing new product features.
Taking ideas from concept to implementation, you’ll be responsible for designing, evaluating, and executing on solutions to open-ended problems. Our philosophy at Kharon is that to be successful, one should never stop learning. So, if you’re driven by your tenacity, superior analytical skills and resourcefulness, this is your gig.
To better break this position down, we’ve included bullet points below that highlight the position itself, the requirements for success and some preferred skills that would put you at the top of our list.
- 4+ years experience as a software engineer or a data engineer
- Experience in one or more of the following languages: Python, Scala, Golang (big plus), Java, C++, NodeJS, etc.
- Advanced SQL knowledge and experience working with multiple relational databases including schema design, access patterns, query performance optimization, etc.
Your day-to-day will look like…
- Building large-scale distributed data processing systems, data lakes, and optimizing for both computational and storage efficiency on AWS Databricks.
- Creating data pipelines and overall workflow orchestration to deliver customized data exports to clients in a predictable and timely manner.
- Designing, building, evolving, and scaling a state-of-the-art machine learning system infrastructure that powers knowledge extraction systems that drive Kharon’s data products.
- Designing data schemas and operating cloud-based data lake-houses and SQL/NoSQL/temporal and graph based database systems.
- Taking full responsibilities for the development, deployment, adoption monitoring and maintenance of the data systems and services you build.
- Providing technical leadership and mentor data scientists & software engineers on the data engineering best practices.
- Collaborate with Machine learning / Deep learning researchers and backend engineers to implement scalable solutions to solve complex problems.
What will make you stand out as an applicant…
- Experience with big data technologies like Spark, Delta, Databricks.
- Experience with data modeling for data warehousing technologies like Snowflake, Redshift or Big Query.
- Experience with data modeling for developing semantic knowledge graphs or graph databases like Neo4J, Neptune, etc is a plus.
- Understanding of elasticsearch data and query modeling is a plus.
- Container-based deployment experience using Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, Flink, etc.
- Experience with DevOps methodologies and tools for automating and monitoring systems.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience in related fields.
So, that’s the role and to the right person, this will be the perfect kind of challenge. Our mission is compelling, our product is powerful and we’re growing at a rate that makes us unstoppable. If you’re looking to be surrounded by people who will inspire you to think and challenge you to grow then look no further! Our team is made up of some of the most visionary and uncompromising individuals you will ever meet. We don’t take ourselves seriously but we’re serious about the work we do and there is absolutely no slowing us down!
To keep that momentum going, we do our very best to make sure that each and every team member is completely taken care of. From generous time off and fully paid medical plans to daily catered lunches and full-loaded break rooms, we’re nothing without our people so we provide benefits and perks that reflect that. You can count on…
- All the equipment you need to be successful in your role.
- Fully remote/hybrid environments with HQ in L.A. and hubs in D.C., N.Y., and London
- Premium medical benefits that are paid 100% paid for with an option to elect for Vision and Dental
- 401k plan that you can enroll in with no waiting period
- Front-loaded paid time off + 11 paid holidays
- If you visit our office(s), fuily catered lunches and every snack you can think of. Also, we have a speakeasy (yes, we said a speakeasy)
- And, more on the way! As our team grows and evolves, so will our offerings.
We are aggressively looking for the right individual to join our team and spearhead this position. If you think you fit the bill, don’t hesitate - APPLY! We look forward to hearing from you!
Other jobs like this
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Machine Learning Engineering Manager jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Machine Learning/Deep Learning jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open KPIs-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs