Machine Learning Industry Post-Doc
CohereHarness the power of language understanding. Join the developers and businesses who are using Cohere to generate, categorize and organize text at a scale that was previously unimaginable.
We recently raised our Series B, signed a multi-year partnership with Google Cloud, and we are focused on bringing our technology to market. We will partner with customers so they can build natural language understanding and generation into their products with just a few lines of code.
We’re ambitious — we believe our technology will fundamentally transform how industries interact with natural language. And we have the technical chops to back it up - Cohere’s CEO, Aidan Gomez, is a co-author of the groundbreaking paper “Attention is all you need”, (over 23k citations) and was previously part of Google Brain. Our entire technical team is world-class.
We are focused on creating a diverse and inclusive work environment so that all of our team members can thrive. We welcome kind and brilliant people to our team, from wherever they come.
Why this role?Cohere is dedicated to lowering the barriers to entry to machine learning research and supporting a community of independent research talent across the world. We are committed to collaborating widely and empowering independent researchers around the world.
Our open culture and our emphasis on academic collaboration and decentralized research that empowers collaborators across the world offer a unique chance to grow as a researcher and impact the experience of others.
The Machine Learning Industry Post-Doc role is a 1-year contract for post-docs, professors on sabbatical or independent researchers with equivalent experience that are excited about collaboratory research within an industry that pushes forward the frontier of what is possible with machine learning. You have an independent high impact research agenda and are excited to work with researchers from all over the world. You actively contribute to the wider research community by sharing and publishing your findings and code. Your work evidences a consideration for the societal and ethical implications of machine learning. You have a strong track record of mentorship and are excited to collaborate with independent researchers around the world who want to join the machine learning community.
Please Note: We have offices in Toronto, Palo Alto, and London but embrace being remote-first! There are no restrictions on where you can be located for this role.
As a Machine Learning Industry Post-Doc, you will:
- Contribute novel research to the machine learning community and peer-reviewed publications
- Advance the state-of-the-art in NLP and proactively contribute to open-source projects
- Mentor independent researchers around the world
You may be a good fit if you have:
- Demonstrated ability to design and execute a research agenda
- Research and engineering experience demonstrated by past work experience, open-source contributions, and publications at peer-reviewed AI conferences
- Experience collaborating widely on research projects across institutions
We welcome applicants of all kinds and are committed to providing both an equal opportunity process and work environment. We value and celebrate diversity and strive to create an inclusive work environment for all.
Our Perks: 🤝 An open and inclusive culture and work environment 🧑💻 Work closely with a team on the cutting edge of AI research 🍽 Free daily lunch 🦷 Full health and dental benefits for employees based in Canada and the US, including a separate budget to take care of your mental health 🐣 100% Parental Leave top-up for 6 months for employees based in Canada and 12 weeks in the US🎨 Personal enrichment benefits towards arts and culture, fitness and well-being, quality time, and workspace improvement🏙 Remote-flexible, offices in Toronto and Palo Alto and coworking stipend✈️ 6 weeks of vacation and shared Canada/US holidays
Other jobs like this
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Machine Learning Engineering Manager jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Machine Learning/Deep Learning jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open KPIs-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs