Nugit is powering the shift from dashboards to data storytelling. Our mission is to build technology that frees organisations from the burden of analytics and data-wrangling. We want to liberate enterprises from complicated, manual data processes and provide tools that deliver high-impact insights, value and information that improves business operations.
Headquartered in Singapore and backed by Sequoia, we are expanding globally and recently have hired a team in the UK and Australia.
The ideal candidate for the Data Analyst role will be a self-starter, curious, have a passion for data and strong business problem-solving skills.
This role will be focused on exploring huge volumes of customer data, building a deep understanding of customer business challenges, and constantly seeking innovative, practical solutions that create meaningful impact.
We are looking for a specialist that understands that data alone is not valuable, it needs to be given context, narrative and purpose in order to create value for an organisation. The solutions delivered will delight our customers, help them learn new things about their business and solve real problems and help them realise the true possibilities in their data.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work as a true business partner to the Customer Success teams to deliver highly technical data analytics projects using the Nugit Data Storytelling Platform.
- Be a trusted consultant to customers, helping them understand their data sources, data definitions and origin, and set these up on the Nugit Platform.
- Manipulate, transform and augment data with scripts, custom metrics and other techniques using internal and third-party tools.
- Create, monitor and automate ingestion workflows and manage any troubleshooting.
- Harmonise data sources into common streams ready to be used by builders to create engaging stories that meet customers requirements.
- Build a clear understanding of customer challenges and business questions through consultation and stakeholder research.
- Build engaging data stories that have clear purpose and easy-to-follow narratives which guide customers through their business problems.
- Be a champion of data storytelling, developing and sharing your skills and knowledge through initiatives both inside and outside the company.
- Conduct training, presentations, workshops and demonstrations together with Client Leads.
- Work collaboratively with product and engineering teams to share needs, feedback, issues and support.
- Communicate account updates with timeliness and precision, as a subject matter expert on weekly calls, project updates while managing your own project plans like a pro.
- Assist our online support team in troubleshooting technical/platform issues.
- Support business development and account growth initiatives.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum 3 years experience in a technology/data company or in a data analyst role.
- Familiarity with coding (SQL, Python) and AWS Redshift/Sisense/Tableau or other data analytics tools are a must.
- The skill to effortlessly manage and transform data comes naturally to you.
- The ability to question everything, ask ‘why?’ and dig into real needs to get to the ‘so what?’
- Super organisational skills - you’ll be a quick learner and someone who works well under pressure.
- The ability to juggle multiple tasks while understanding which should receive the highest priority with the ability and willingness to say 'no'.
- To enjoy solving new difficult challenges, sometimes with no instruction manual.
- Flexibility. You’ll have to do some calls at night and you’ll be given opportunities to work from home or remotely.
- To be self-motivated, resourceful, with an ability to navigate ambiguity in a fast-paced environment.
- To give a shit. About everything you do.
- To never stop improving.
- Attention to detail and aesthetics.
- To work in a way that builds Trust and Transparency within your team & with clients.
- A great attitude and a willingness to get stuff done.