Principal Data Scientist
Bangalore, Karnataka, IN
As a Data Scientist at IBM, you will help transform our clients’ data into tangible business value by analyzing information, communicating outcomes and collaborating on product development. Work with Best in Class open source and visual tools, along with the most flexible and scalable deployment options. Whether it’s investigating patient trends or weather patterns, you will work to solve real world problems for the industries transforming how we live.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Global Technology Services (GTS) is the IT infrastructure and business process services segment of IBM, one of the largest IT and software companies in the world.
GTS Analytics team in IBM is building new innovative AIOPS solution by combining big data with Machine Learning and Deep Learning
AIOPS refers to multi-layered technology platforms that automate and enhance IT operations by using analytics and machine learning to analyse big data collected from various IT operations tools and devices, in order to automatically spot and react to issues in real time. AIOPS bridges three different IT disciplines—service management, performance management, and automation—to accomplish its goals of continuous insights and improvements.
Some of the Solutions we work involve the following
Ø Real time anomaly detection solutions that proactively identify service impacting incidents and prevent system downtimes. This is done by leveraging an ensemble of Deep learning and LSTM models.
Ø Natural Language Processing for entity, topic clusters and relationship extraction
Ø Text Analytics in human generated tickets and correlation with event tickets for event noise reduction. ApplyNatural Language Classification and RNN algorithms to automatically route tickets
Ø Log Analysis - Text mining, message clustering / templatization, Logs to metrics, anomaly detection, event annotation and sequencing
Ø Learn Log Message Sequence for each mainframe batch job and Identify Anomalies during job runs using sequence mining techniques and provide early warning / alerts
Ø Cloud Migration - Patterns-based discovery optimization: Identify potential business application boundaries using algorithmic approach from Cloudscape data.
Ø Wave planner: Employ goal-based reasoning from AI planning capabilities for Server affinity, cost, time, black-out windows, etc.
To power the above use cases, we have a Big Data system that can handle 2-3 TB of data daily and we manage a data lake that is 15 PB in size.
As a Principal Data Scientist, you will be responsible for identifying and supporting current and new hypotheses. With your understanding of complex concepts, you will translate hypotheses into actionable items that are understandable by non-technical business users.
As a Principal Data Scientist you will take the lead to provide strategic direction on large scale business problems. You understand challenges in multiple business domains, are able to discover new business opportunities and at times you may not even fully understand what the problem is before starting. The problems we address are significantly complex and we expect you to lead excellence in our data science methodologies. You have scientific and industrial maturity to deliver designs and algorithms that set the standard for the organization. You have a distinct ability to identify and implement robust, efficient and scalable solutions that leverage multiple techniques and/or technologies
You will gather, evaluate and document business use cases in the IT Infrastructure and Cloud domain and translate them to data science solution definition . You will Provide guidance and architecture support to platform development teams and oversee the development from initial concept to production deployment
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Master's degree in a quantitative field such as computer science, applied mathematics, statistics, physics, engineering or finance
- 6+ years of industrial experience in implementing data science or AI solutions from exploration to production
- 3+ years of experience in a responsible senior or team lead role managing a team of data scientists who develop robust machine learning models to solve actual business problems
- Extensive overview of applied methods in statistics, machine learning and artificial intelligence
- Solid understanding of data analytics infrastructure and data engineering: data storage and retrieval, ETL pipelines, Docker, Kubernetes
- Knowledge of software engineering practices such as version control, continuous delivery, unit testing, documentation, release management
- Experience in natural language processing, text analytics, data mining, text processing or other AI subdomains and techniques
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience with open-source distributed data processing frameworks, such as Spark
- Experience working in a Linux environment
- Experience working on a development team building product
- Experience with presenting complex data science processes/information to non-data scientists
- Experience with Information Retrieval and relevant tools such as Lucene, Elasticsearch, Solr
- Experience with conducting projects from requirements generation, annotation, and modeling, through NLP output deliverables and management of internal/external clients
- Prioritization skills; ability to manage ad-hoc requests in parallel with ongoing projects
- Experience with Scikit-learn, TensorFlow, Keras, NLTK
- Experience with leveraging best practices conducting advanced analytics projects
- Experience building scalable machine learning applications and deploying them in production
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.