About Glovo:We’re a Barcelona-based startup and the fastest-growing delivery player in Europe, Hispanic America and Africa. With food at the core of the business, Glovo delivers any product within your city at any time of day. We currently deliver over +100M annual orders and operate in 22 countries, and in over +300 cities. Our vision and ambition are not only to make everything immediately available in your city but it is also to offer our employees the job of their lives. A job where you'll be challenged and have the most fun working in through tech-enabled experiences.
Your work-life opportunity:We are looking for a passionate, strategic and action-oriented Data Scientist to join the Multi-category team aiming to revolutionise last-mile logistics for both companies and individuals. As a Data Scientist, your goal is to provide the team with strategic insights to drive growth, user retention, understand customers and propose product implementations.
Be a part of a team where you will:
- Be part of the Global Data Science team and focus on the challenges of our Multi-category P&Ls, which include our Express Delivery, Anything and GlovoBusiness services
- Maintain a high level of interaction with the business managers, the required level of autonomy and proactivity, and the end-to-end nature of the projects (full-stack DS)
- Report directly to the Global Head of Data Science and indirectly to the Global General Manager of Multi-Category
- Explore data and apply more sophisticated analysis to search for emerging patterns and more complex insights (Descriptive)
- Use data to modelling complex phenomena to predictive information and support decision-making (Predictive)
- Use predictions to determine best actions in an automatic manner (Prescriptive)
- Ensure these tools are scalable and up-to-date
- Understand business needs and create insightful analyses to internal teams to make the right decisions
- Act as an internal consultant to translate business questions into insights
- A/B test the launch of new features
- Assist colleagues in gaining access to the right data
- 4-5 years of Data Science work experience providing internal teams with the necessary data to make the right decisions
- Relevant experience in (several of) these topics NLP, network/routing optimisation, ML models (for instance, for churn or dynamic pricing), unsupervised machine learning
- Proven analytical skills (Master or PhD).
- Productisation experience / computer science skills. Experience with ML cloud environments (e.g. AWS Sagemaker), ML Ops or related tools for deployment and orchestration.
- Expertise with SQL - Redshift
- Solid proficiency in Python and experience working with analysis tools such as Pandas, SciPy, Scikit, Jupyter/iPython notebooks, R
- Must have a strong business acumen
- Knowledge of visualisation tools like Looker, Tableau or Qlikview
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field
- Proficiency in English is a must
Experience our Glovo Life benefits:
- Enticing Phantom Shares plan
- Attractive Relocation package (if applicable ;))
- Comprehensive Private Health Insurance
- Cobee discounts on kindergarten, transportation, and food
- Free monthly Glovo credits to spend on our restaurant products (and zero Glovo delivery fee on all Glovo orders!)
- Cool perks such as fresh fruit and healthy snacks every day, beers on Fridays, Culture Days every 2 months!
- Discounted Gym memberships
- Flexible working environment
What you’ll find when working at Glovo:
- Gas: We work hard with energy and passion for what we do.
- Care: We act in the best interest of a sustainable future.
- Good vibes: We always see the positive side in every situation and act with fairness and honesty with everyone.
- Stay Humble: We embrace mistakes and feedback to learn from them.
- Glownership: We roll up our sleeves and get work done no matter our position and level.
Glovo is transforming the way consumers access local goods, enabling anyone to get almost any product delivered in minutes. Our on-demand logistics connect customers with independent local couriers who acquire goods from any restaurant or store in a city, as well as deliver urgent packages for a variable fee. As of September 30, 2019, we’re currently present in more than 26 countries across Europe, Latin America, Africa, and Asia.
For additional information on Glovo, please visit https://glovoapp.com/ | Twitter: @Glovo_ES | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/glovoappES/ | LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/glovo-app/