Remitly is the largest independent digital remittance company in the United States. Our vision is to become the world’s most customer centric payments company, enabling remittance across international borders. Our Capacity Planning and Workforce team is a critical part in our company vision and success shaping the e-payments landscape.
We are looking for exceptional people who are willing to roll up their sleeves in a fast paced technology start-up and be part of the disruption. The successful candidate must excel as a self-starter and strive for reporting excellence and comprehensive analysis within our Customer Support and Risk Operations teams.
The successful candidate will focus on generating metrics, identifying root causes of issues, highlighting opportunities for broad spanning improvements and making recommendations to assist the company in developing meaningful business solutions and operational improvements. This position is based in Managua, Nicaragua.
- Lead the ideation, creation and launch of KPIs used to drive operational excellence
- Define, retrieve, and analyze large datasets using SQL, Tableau, Periscope (Sisense) and other technologies to drive and define operational solutions and approaches
- Quickly comprehend the business function's process, systems, and underlying data
- Translate complex data into information that can be easily consumed by leadership to support business decisions
- Serve as the primary owner of operational data, ensuring its validity, integrity, and accuracy
- Support capacity planning and headcount requirements through analytical modeling
- Support cross-functional teams with ad hoc day-to-day queries, specific data requests and general data analysis
- Lead and support data validations and deep dives
- Support project efforts with data requirements to help ensure successful product launches
- Work and communicate effectively with Remitly's internal teams such as Marketing, Compliance, Fraud Product, Finance, Data Analytics, Engineering and Operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical, business, or analytical field (Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering or related field)
- Strong knowledge of SQL
- Experience in data visualization and related tools (e.g. Tableau, Periscope (Sisense), Metabase)
- Experience with Git/Github or similar version control systems
- Experience in analyzing different types of data to support business needs and present the results in concise visualization formats
- Detail oriented, independent, and able to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Proven data mining and analytical skills using various tools such as SQL (Postgres, MySQL), Amazon Redshift and Python
- Strong alignment to our mission and values
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills with a data-driven mindset
- Ability to partner effectively with management and internal teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Preference for candidates with experience in software development using object-oriented programming languages
- Preference for candidates with experience in machine learning algorithms