Remote - Singapore
We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 89 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
At Coinbase, our vision is to build an open financial system for the world, and to get there we’ll need to continually learn from our data. Data scientists are focused on this critical step of converting data into learning.
You’ll spend part of your time collaborating closely with business partners in product, engineering, finance and marketing teams — to ensure we’re focused on the biggest opportunities and leveraging data to meet business objectives. And you’ll spend the other part of your time with the Data Science team building analytics models and systems that help scale our insights more broadly, both throughout the company and directly in the product. We expect you to demonstrate clear communication, strong desire to execute and best-in-class craftsmanship.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Identify data, metrics and analyses needs for marketing partners; Initiate, develop and maintain data pipelines and data models that powers dashboards and data products with outstanding craftsmanship.
- Design experiments in partnership with marketing leadership to drive growth and identify optimal marketing executions. Partner with Insights & Research to perform analyses and build models to understand customer behavior and extract insights that impact marketing decisions and beyond
- Synthesize data findings into compelling stories and communicate them throughout Coinbase.
- Act as a strategic partner to Marketing team and Coinbase executives; initiate and execute on data-driven analyses to help prioritize opportunities and provide actionable recommendations
- Prototype new analytics & machine learning models that improve both our insights and the product directly.
- Work across multiple subject matter experts to drive new data initiatives, automation of reports, establish best practices and mentor junior members in the team.
- Lead analytics projects to completion.
- Work with the broader Data team to find ways to scale our insights through better systems and automation.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 5+ years relevant experience
- Demonstrate our core cultural values: clear communication, positive energy, continuous learning, and efficient execution.
- Experience with marketing analytics, attribution models, and cross-channel experimentation
- Understanding of statistical concepts and experience in applying them.
- Experience in data analyses using SQL.
- Experience in at least one programming language (e.g. R, Python, Java, Ruby, Scala/Spark, or Perl).
- Be able to independently create plans for analytics projects and build teamwork within the team.
- BA / BS degree or equivalent practical experience
Nice to haves:
- Be able to proactively manage prioritization of work and deliver work with great quality and influence the broader team in creating leverage.
- Previous experience working with financial services data is a plus.
- Experience with Looker, Tableau or other business intelligence platforms.
- Domain experience in product, marketing, growth, or other business analytics areas.
- Experience manipulating large amounts of structured and unstructured data.
Please note that for employees based in the US, Philippines, Canada or Singapore, if your role requires you to be present in a Coinbase office or if you choose to be physically present in a Coinbase office or sponsored location, you will be required to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 (as defined by applicable law). If you receive an offer, you will receive additional information about the grounds and process for an exemption.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.
Other jobs like this
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Senior Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Senior Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Machine Learning/Deep Learning jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open KPIs-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs