Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
ClearScoreGet your free credit score and credit report and be ClearScore sure. Check them as often as you like - it won’t affect your score., GB
ClearScore is searching for Data Scientist. This is an amazing opportunity to engage with a rich data set on 15 million users. We have captured every interaction the users have had with our high touch website and native apps, their fully monthly credit files and growing access to insurance, bank account and mobile data as well.
Ordinarily a data set this vast would be buried in legacy systems, however ClearScore is only 6 years old and operates a strict 'zero legacy' approach that means the data is held in an autoscaling AWS redshift environment.
This is an exciting opportunity to work within a fast-paced, rapidly growing team of talented data scientists, helping to build revolutionary experiences that will help millions of users manage and better understand their finances.
Data Scientists use SageMaker to build ML models and perform exploratory data analysis on the terrabytes of data on our user base. We’ve also invested in Airflow to orchestrate and automate our model deployment allowing us to deliver business value quickly.
We’re just scratching the surface of our data assets: you will receive support from an amazing analytical community which includes Data Analysts, Scientists and Engineers. The community works collaboratively to ensure a landscape in which team members can develop their full potential and deliver maximum business impact.
You might be building XGBoost or other predictive models, performing cluster analysis to help with strategy development or developing simulators to help our partners determine the impact of a change in product and strategy.
What will you do:
Build analytical tools:
- Consume data sets, build/train, validate, publish and retrain models that focus on credit risk and the applicability of products for our users.
- Develop of machine learning platform, creating common data pipelines between training and inference, and automation of end-to-end science process.
- Segmentation of users for commercial, product development and other purposes.
- Building out attribution and market mix models.
- Work with various stakeholders in identifying and prioritising actionable, impactful insights across the financial product application process.
- Work with data engineering to define and automate data set creation.
Developing the roadmap:
- Work with other data scientists to develop creative new opportunities for leveraging out data assets.
- Ensure that most appropriate tools and techniques are used. Maintaining a roadmap of different tools and libraries.
You're a fit for the role if you present most of the following:
- Graduated in quantitative Bachelors, or ideally, a higher degree.
- Commercial experience as a Data Scientist or similar.
- Proven ability to understand business problems, setting up data science projects and building appropriate data sets.
- Ability to translate business requirements into Data Science solutions.
- You are intellectually curious and excited by working with large data sets.
- Familiarity with our toolkit: AWS environment using SageMaker. All of the team uses Python and PySpark.
- Desirable: experience with time series analysis and/or data science in the marketing space e.g. market mix modelling.
ClearScore is currently the biggest marketplace for credit products in the UK and in South Africa with over 15 million users. We are the first company to facilitate access to credit products using Open Banking data, making credit accessible to users with no credit files or low credit scores. In the UK alone, we have established relationships with over 50 of the main lenders and have been a trusted tool for customers to manage their credit and make better financial decisions.
We were the first business to offer free credit reports. We did so because we are user-centric at our core and believe in leveraging on technology to enable positive financial choices. We are design-led and data driven and we embed these behaviours in everything we do.
Our company culture is a fundamental part of all we have achieved. We believe in hiring smart, driven, passionate and diverse people who are keen on having a real impact in our organisation. We trust you to manage your own time, so we offer flexible work and no fixed desk hours. We don't micromanage and believe in measuring outcomes rather than effort. We have an inclusive culture where all, regardless of seniority, are encouraged to contribute with their ideas, look after their wellbeing and actively seek opportunities for career growth.
If you feel like this could be the place for you, apply and our Talent team will be happy to share more.
- 25 paid holidays and a “duvet day” on your birthday
- Private health and dental cover
- GP office visits
- Life assurance scheme
- Up to 6% matched pension
- Brown bags with guest speakers
- Access to Perkbox
- Daily breakfast and free snacks
- Free sports and social clubs
- Generous training allowance
- Fast progression
- Leadership-led training
- Regular wellbeing events
- In-house psychotherapist
- Financial coach to help you plan and achieve your goals
- Physical and mental health support through BUPA
- No clock-watching culture
- Generous maternity and paternity plans
- Culture and inclusion representatives
We are always looking for talented individuals to join ClearScore. We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people. Please see our People Policy Notice at https://www.clearscore.com/people-notice.
Other jobs like this
Permanent and full-time Applied Researcher/Data Scientist positionAgile Computer Vision Deep Learning Engineering Finance Machine Learning Pandas PhD Python Scikit-Learn +3
R&D Data ScientistBigQuery Data pipelines Economics Elasticsearch Engineering Google Cloud Industrial Kubernetes Machine Learning Matlab +14
Career development Health care Startup environment Team events
Data ScientistAI strategy Consulting Data strategy Engineering Google Cloud Linux Machine Learning ML NumPy Pandas +6
Career development Equity Flex hours Flex vacation Gear +4
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Senior Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Senior Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Machine Learning/Deep Learning jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open KPIs-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs