Director of Data Analytics
Mode Analytics, Inc.
Posted 6 months ago
We've built Mode from the ground up to be the best analytics platform for Data Scientists. As we've grown, an increasingly broad audience — people on teams from Finance to Operations, Marketing to Engineering, and everything in between — is now using Mode to collaborate and use data in everyday decisions. For our 500+ customers, Mode is the central place where data experts and domain experts can come together to make sense of data at the rapid pace of business today.
We are looking for a Data Analytics leader to manage our Data Analytics organization and empower others to make analytical and creative business decisions through more strategic analysis. You and your team will partner across the organization, building tools, resources, and helping others to unlock reasoning through key insights and metrics.
What you'll do
- Own, lead and manage Mode’s Data Science team and its strategy and roadmap.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across every function of the business, from sales and success to engineering and design. Your team will help accelerate decision making and inform future investments.
- Partner with the executive team to translate core objectives into key metrics, and empower your team to build systems that keep everyone at Mode informed of those metrics.
- Find opportunities where data will improve our product and business, and lead the team who creates resources, data applications, or data products that enable us to take advantage of those opportunities.
- Share your work with the Mode community in the form of open-source resources, blog posts, and community talks.
What we look for
- Business-minded leadership, with proven experience leading data teams and contributing key insights that have helped the organization execute and grow.
- Inclusive, thoughtful, and proven management skills. You proactively find space for everyone’s voice to be heard, and have developed your team culture around mentorship and growth opportunities that lead to high performance outcomes.
- A forward thinking perspective with a strategic growth plan in mind for a lean Data Science team in a dynamic startup environment.
- Deep technical expertise in Data Science, Analytics, or related fields.
- Excellent communication skills with a demonstrated ability to explain technical concepts and insights to a variety of audiences.
Mode is a collaborative analytics platform that brings teams together around data to make game-changing decisions.
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: together we're building a culture that embraces diversity and learning, humility and gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously and strive for a healthy balance between work and personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Mode employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO and family leave
- Flexible work schedules—we trust you to know what will make yourself most productive
- Generous professional development policy that includes funds earmarked for each employee's discretionary professional growth—Have a conference you want to attend? A class you want to take? If it's helping take your career to the next level, it's on us.
- Excellent health coverage for team members and their families (Mode pays the 100% of the premiums)
- Supportive work environment and a manager who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team's passions and hobbies
- Snacks and in-office lunches shared at our ever-growing lunch table
Mode is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.