Timisoara, Timis, RO
As a Data Scientist at IBM, you will help transform our clients’ data into tangible business value by analyzing information, communicating outcomes and collaborating on product development. Work with Best in Class open source and visual tools, along with the most flexible and scalable deployment options. Whether it’s investigating patient trends or weather patterns, you will work to solve real world problems for the industries transforming how we live.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Data Scientist is a role for quantitatively adept people with accompanying business skills.
- A solid foundation typically in statistics, modeling, operations research, computer science and applications, and math.
- Strong business acumen, coupled with the ability to communicate findings to both business and IT leaders in a way that can influence how an organization approaches a business challenge.
- A data scientist is effective at deploying an analytics solution, thereby realizing business value, will most likely explore and examine data from multiple disparate sources.
- The data scientist will extract, transform, and combine all incoming data with the goal of discovering a previously hidden insight, which in turn can provide a competitive advantage or address a pressing business problem.
- Builds statistical models, determines what it means, then recommends ways to apply the data.
- Data scientists are inquisitive: exploring, asking questions, doing "what if" analysis, questioning existing assumptions and processes.
- Armed with data, modeling expertise, and analytical results, a top-tier data scientist will then communicate informed conclusions and recommendations across an organization's leadership structure. The employee guides functional objectives or technologies.
- Provides ongoing technical /operational guidance to lead professional work teams, conducts special projects, or manages department(s) (national or international). Understand department/ functional mission and vision. Defines and decides objectives within specified business concepts or projects and may have responsibility for tools and assigned resources. Utilizes expertise to directly influence people outside department or function. Sometimes no precedent exists.
- Accountable for department results and for activities and/or projects involving multi-functional teams. Regularly participates in overall functional program planning. Activities are subject to business measurements, impact customer satisfaction, and impact project costs or expenses.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5 year of experience leading development teams
- Excel Skills: (High)
- SQL Skills
- Cognos (Cognos Analytics)
- Data diagnostics
- Ability work with filters/slicers to generate specific data views
- Basic Statistics
- Report Generation (High)
- Summarize data and results
- Identify and solution data errors and work on data quality
- SPSS Modeler knowledge (Medium)
- Root Cause Analysis (Medium)
- Data Warehousing
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Watson Analytics
About Business Unit
The IBM Finance organization is responsible for driving enterprise performance and transformation. We are the financial stewards of IBM, delivering IBM’s financial strategy, developing new business models, and mitigating enterprise risk. Do you have a passion for creating business value? Join our team in accounting, financial planning, pricing, business controls, tax, treasury, business development (acquisitions & divestitures), and global financing.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.