Data Science Manager, Connect
Build out rigorous observability and optimizations across the many ways Payments are accepted at Stripe
Stripe is working on making the global financial system programmable. This is one of the largest opportunities for impact in the history of computing, on par with the rise of modern operating systems. At the core of this effort is our Stripe Connect product. Connect is programmable infrastructure that allows Stripe users to offer Stripe payments products to their customers, build out a marketplace on top of Stripe, and pay out sellers or service providers globally. Connect makes it easy for users to onboard and verify their customers or service providers, accept payments, flexibly route funds, and manage their accounts.
We’re looking for an experienced data science manager to lead the data science team who partners with Stripe Connect, Stripe’s largest product. Because of Stripe Connect’s large user base and global availability, your users will be both external–millions of businesses all over the world, including many of the world’s largest and fastest growing technology companies–and internal–teams and products such as Stripe Billing, Stripe Issuing, Stripe Terminal, and Stripe Capital. At Stripe, data science managers grow teams and inspire them to rigorous work that shapes our decisions and products.
- Lead a team of data scientists and analysts to:
- Define and measure key outcome metrics for our products + systems
- Design and analyze experiments to improve the user experience of Stripe’s Connect product, as well as the conversion funnel for users onboarding on Stripe
- Apply statistical methods, causal inference, and machine learning to inform product decisions and optimize our products and systems
- Partner closely with product, engineering and go-to-market teams to drive and identify the data science roadmap for your team
- Work with many Stripe leaders across the company to drive the long-term vision of Stripe’s Connect product
- Manage processes to help the team do its best work and interface effectively with the rest of Stripe
- Recruit, coach and develop great data scientists and analysts
You may be a fit if:
- You have 5-7+ years of data science experience and 2-3+ years of management experience at a top tier company
- You enjoy diving into and deeply understanding the businesses that use Connect — in this role, you’ll have significant influence in increasing the success of this ecosystem as a whole
- You work very well cross-functionally, and are able to think rigorously and make hard decisions and tradeoffs
- You encourage a healthy work environment that’s both supportive and challenging.
- You have a PhD or MS in a quantitative field (e.g., Statistics, Economics, Sciences, Mathematics, Engineering)
- You have expert knowledge of a scientific computing language (such as R or Python) and SQL
- You have strong knowledge of statistics and experimental design.
- You communicate results clearly and are passionate about driving impact.